And again she goes down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And again she goes down

How many other people are experiencing breaks in accessing Poly at about 3.00am EST.

Happened last night and tonight for me. Both outages lasted an hour or two. In both cases, when I got back on there were very few people around. Leads me to believe there was an outage at the server.

Should this be a thread? Probably not. But there's no one else around to talk to.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

network connection problems, nothing to do with the server.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What time is 3AM EST in GMT?

Come to think of it, I've been having server full errors in the last hour, even though there were only 56 people on Apolyton!
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
        What time is 3AM EST in GMT?
        8AM

Come to think of it, I've been having server full errors in the last hour, even though there were only 56 people on Apolyton!
        we're not alone(in this universe and on this server)
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sorry to bug you Mark.

Just kind of queer. Same time frame two days in a row. Kind of strange.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's probably the time when all the Tim McVeigh types go on to post the new chapters of their manifestoes.

(Don't look at me that way! I live in Australia! It's 8:00 PM here! Get away you flamers!)
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

It's probably at the server/univiersity end. Markos is just sensitive about any slight to Greek tech...

Comment

I thought they imported all that techie stuff from Turkey.

Comment

Just curious but how come this site seems to go down so often? Is it the civ3 load or something else?

Comment

I blame it on the War On Terrorism.

I'd suspect a conspiracy but I'm sure my probs are to do with beign on the wrong side of the world and in the wrong hemisphere.

Stupid North-Hemisphere centric planet.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I am curious as to why Apolyton is refered to as she? IS the site feminine? Do I want to frequent her and thus be associated with her if she is always going down?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dive! Dive!
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                        X