Restoration of features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of features

Just noticed we got the login users list and the birthday list back.

So the server is working great now?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I'm obviously a newbie on these forums. Got on today and wondered what the hell all those names were doing there.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

They brought the birthday list back six days after my birthday...
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Just one question: if they did restore the list with the current active users, why did they not restore the list that shows what forums the users are viewing on a given moment? Or am I doing something wrong?
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Case
          They brought the birthday list back six days after my birthday...
          Happy birthday.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
            Just one question: if they did restore the list with the current active users, why did they not restore the list that shows what forums the users are viewing on a given moment? Or am I doing something wrong?
            Is there such a thing?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
              why did they not restore the list that shows what forums the users are viewing on a given moment?
              that's feature that is separate from the plain listing of active users and is much more server intensive
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It also was only capable of showing the first dozen or so (alphabetical order) posters' activities.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Restoration of features

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  So the server is working great now?
                  well, we dont have 600 concurrent users these days. so yes, the server is doing much better
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                    I'm obviously a newbie on these forums. Got on today and wondered what the hell all those names were doing there.

I have been registered since last July, but was as confused as you.
                    Well, not confused, but I got a strange "something's different" -feeling.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

And you didn't believe us when we said things were better in the old days.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I would have noticed...if I ever visited the main forums page I bookmarked Poly OT, and I navigate through dropdown menu so I never visit the main forum page.

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        Is there such a thing?
                        Yeah, Counterglow has it for example.

Comment

I was thinking I had been just blatantly missing this for the last few months. Good to know I wasn't blind.

Steele
                          If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Working...
                          X