18000 Logins (and some stats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18000 Logins (and some stats)

A rather delayed note on our 18000 logins as the 18000th user registered around two or three weeks ago. Which means that the distance between 17000 and 18000 logins was around 2 months(we hit 17000 on January 18). However, It seems like we are on higher speeds now as we are already over 18600 logins!

Keeping the tradition, some unique visitors stats: 215,199 in January, 209,587 in February and
    175,275 in March. The trend in the first days of April is the same as of March, showing that despite our not-so-great server status during the last months, we're holding well over the pre-Civ3 numbers(130,000 back in August and 60,000 last March!). So, once again, thank you for your support!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Congrats! And, I see you've brought back the list of currently active users, too. Thank you.

Comment

If we have this many logins and traffic, then why does the online users never seem to exceed 300?
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

why is there a 34k downturn in March? server issues? (i don't recall any significant issues )

still big numbers though, nice work Mark and Dan

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
          If we have this many logins and traffic, then why does the online users never seem to exceed 300?
          actually, traffic HAS fallen, we had over 400,000 visitors in the november(and at that time we easily had 800-900 concurrent forum users)

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
            why is there a 34k downturn in March? server issues? (i don't recall any significant issues )
            well, it's not like we were off for days. but often short-time problems tend to tire people. plus, there werent any huge civ3 news during march

Comment

These kind of stats always make me remember that Depeche Mode song:

And I just can't get enough...
              And I just can't get enough...

"BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

yes, that makes sense. thanks
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That's a huge number of DLs
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Do you mind if I audit those statistics?

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      That's a huge number of DLs
                      Your hands must be really tired...
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Can you tell me what number I was? Just for curiosity of course.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Horse and his DL's are nearly 50% of the total number of logins.
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            Can you tell me what number I was? Just for curiosity of course.

#17820; it can be read from the link to your user profile (it reads checkuserid=17820 or something like that).
                            Of course, it would not work if you were one of those who have registered over 30 years ago, their User Id numbers have been randomly selected (or something).
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

They might be alphabetical or something; I forget. I'm # 743.

Comment

Working...
                              X