Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think consumers would benefit if Firaxis and Activision collaborated on Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    Do you want to say, the dull and poor CtP2 out of the box version was TESTED and APPROVED by the fans? Yuck, now I'm really disappointed...
    It was tested, but not approved by the fans. Like I said above, if you really want to ensure the next civ game is good, get rid of those f*cking paranoid and money-minded bean counters
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Judging from today's news item (the interview with Ike Ellis) the REAL sequel to Civ2 (and CTP2) is on the way.

Comment

The problem with this, is that if you get rid of the "f*cking bean counters", then the company doesn't make as much profit. Even if they make a better game, they don't release it at the right time, they don't ship it to the right markets, whatever. And if the developing company doesn't make as much profit, then patches could be a long time in coming.

Steele
        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Firaxis collaborates with Activision?

That would be the blind leading the blind wouldn't it?

Great
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's not the bean counters it's the marketers they need to remove. Or at least the management must keep the suits in their place so they don't go around thinking themselves as kings or something.

I don't think mixing the <em>CtP</em> team and the Firaxis team will do anything constructive. It is not like they don't have ideas. Even we contributed lots of them. What they incorporate into the game is the most important design decision for them to make.

To many diehard <em>Civ</em> fans they did a horrible job of that, but seeing how Firaxis isn't doing so badly, while Quicksilver is feeling the crunch now, just might tell you why Sid & co did what they did. There is one thing called financial reality and it'd be foolhardy for a company to ignore it.

Face it, Sid didn't really want to do another <em>Civ</em>.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That is a horrible idea. Activision is dishonest. When making CTP, they called it the official Civ3. Its worse then stealing Derek's glove and selling it. You can't work with people like that.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                It's not the bean counters it's the marketers they need to remove. Or at least the management must keep the suits in their place so they don't go around thinking themselves as kings or something.

I don't think mixing the <em>CtP</em> team and the Firaxis team will do anything constructive. It is not like they don't have ideas. Even we contributed lots of them. What they incorporate into the game is the most important design decision for them to make.

To many diehard <em>Civ</em> fans they did a horrible job of that, but seeing how Firaxis isn't doing so badly, while Quicksilver is feeling the crunch now, just might tell you why Sid & co did what they did. There is one thing called financial reality and it'd be foolhardy for a company to ignore it.

Face it, Sid didn't really want to do another <em>Civ</em>.

I was going to post something like this before, but couldn't find the right words.
                Thanks, Urban.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

...looks like bananas win again...

anyway, i still haven't got civ3... so i don't know...
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                    ...looks like bananas win again...
                    anyway, i still haven't got civ3... so i don't know...
                    ***********WARNING!!!***********

RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A DAY.
                    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Bah, why bother with Civ when you can play EU? Go Paradox!!!
                      A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

at least the C:CTP series had an excuse when the "just one more turn" senario didnt' work out for them

but Sid created civ3, it was a major flop as SP game IMO and doesn't look good for MP.....

what's their excuse....oh yeah...the all mightly dollar......
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I felt that Firaxis did some noteworthy updating to the <em>Civ</em> franchise. The resource model and culture are excellent ideas. Maybe may of the old timers aren't satisfied, and indeed there were many sloppy bugs in the game that are inexcusable.

However, do not forget that Sid games are suppose to be fun, not realistic.

For all you people who are so full of good ideas, why don't you join one of the current <em>Civ</em>-lookalike game projects such as <em>Freeciv</em> or <em>Manifest Destiny</em>?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It would be better if they both sell the rights to a third company looking for a place in the markets

Comment

Originally posted by Waku
                              It would be better if they both sell the rights to a third company looking for a place in the markets

That would be my company then.
                              HAVE A DAY.
                              <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                              "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                              For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Working...
                              X