What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean?

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM searchindex WHERE postid=838613 mysql error: Server shutdown in progress mysql error number: 1053 Date: Friday 29th of March 2002 09:22:44 PM Script: /forums/editpost.php Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/editpost....&postid=838613

I go it when trying to edit a post.
    Last edited by MarkG; March 29, 2002, 15:50.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Ok that was freaky, anyone seeing something other than the text error that I though I posted?

Comment

Curioser and curiouser.

Comment

I canpt quite make it out- but why is there a thread within a thread?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Did you post a [ table ] and forget to close it?
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Comment

no he used a comment tag
              Code:
              < ! --
              try not to do it again. thanks
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Ooops, I didn't realise (obviously), all I did was copy and paste the error message.

Could you close the other thread of mine, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                  Could you close the other thread of mine, please.
                  what thread is that?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Someone has already deleted it.

Comment

You're trying to do something when the database was locked. I think.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That error can happen in a number of ways with MySQL - usually, there's too many hits on the database server at the moment, and some queries time out -

it can also happen with the time delay between getting the output through PHP and making the input action - say you try to edit a post i just deleted or moved. The second query can't run because the record it's trying to work on isn't the same anymore.

Usually, it's a transitory error from database server load, and then later on, you can carry out the action correctly - but vBulletin doesn't queue the query, it returns an error so you know what's going on.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                        X