• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was Poly just down for a few minutes?

Was it?

And Why?

And where's the status report?

Re: was Poly just down for a few minutes?

Originally posted by GP
    Was it?
    Appeared so.

And Why?
    Might have something to do with the attached.

You really don't want to know... hmm... well, maybe YOU do, but I'm sure the rest of us don't.
    Attached Files
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Re: was Poly just down for a few minutes?

Originally posted by GP
      Was it?
      And Why?
      It seemed to be down for a few minutes... but a status report for everytime it coughs for a few minutes...

I think Dan has better things to do with his time
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe if Dan were more suscinct in his statements (MarkG or Ming are good models to follow), he would have more time to respond to my every whim...

Comment

GP -- nice try.

There is an announcement headling all of the forums and in the "About" section's news area. These were both posted yesterday. They are both the same announcement, address the same concern and is applicable to any "hiccups" in connections to Apolyton that you may/have experience(d).

-----------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

when is it not down for a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
              GP -- nice try.

There is an announcement headling all of the forums and in the "About" section's news area. These were both posted yesterday. They are both the same announcement, address the same concern and is applicable to any "hiccups" in connections to Apolyton that you may/have experience(d).

-----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              Nice to see you have a sense of humor and writing normally.

UMMM...just to be clear though. I think the site hiccuped for everybody. So that is not a problem on the user end...

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Nice to see you have a sense of humor and writing normally.
                I have always had a sense of humour, although I do not show it all the time. As for writing "normally", that's a subjective consideration and I consider myself a "normal" writer all the time.

Originally posted by GP
                UMMM...just to be clear though. I think the site hiccuped for everybody. So that is not a problem on the user end...
                It may have been a hiccup for a vast majority, but not for everybody -- I, for example, did not experience any downtime. Second, I did not say it was on the "user" end per se. To me, that description implies a problem a particular user's computer, but indeed it is a problem <I>closer</I> to the user's end then the server end... still, I may have inadvertently implied more than that.

The problem appears to be a widespread across several ISPs in several geographical regions, strongly indicating a backbone connection issue.

-----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I have not had any problems today.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

It may have been a hiccup for a vast majority, but not for everybody -- I, for example, did not experience any downtime. Second, I did not say it was on the "user" end per se. To me, that description implies a problem a particular user's computer, but indeed it is a problem <I>closer</I> to the user's end then the server end... still, I may have inadvertently implied more than that.

The problem appears to be a widespread across several ISPs in several geographical regions, strongly indicating a backbone connection issue.

-----------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    I'm talking about a seperate incident from the one in your anouncement. Surely it's possible that sometimes the server skips or that there is a problem in Markos school intranet that affects everybody. Were you online at the time I posted this? I guess we could check the logs and see if there is an unexlained period of a few minutes of no posts shortly before my posting of this thread. That would support the site being unavailable to everybody...

Comment

Ah -- I now see to what you are referring. The server was most likely rebooting at the time you were unable to access it, which could take several minutes certainly but it an entirely normal server procedure.

-----------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

There. I think it just happened to everybody. I get back on and almost nobody is around. Either that or they have better things to be doing at 4.42am EST.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                        X