I haven't been able to access this site for the last 12 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been able to access this site for the last 12 hours

Something weird is going on. People have been unable to get through all day. Not just me.

I've been getting 404 messages all day from my office PC, which is behind a firewall, but I got in okay from my home PC this morning and again tonight.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Re: I haven't been able to access this site for the last 12 hours

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    I haven't been able to access this site for the last 12 hours ...
    Oh lucky one, it was much longer for me, nearly two days...But I´m glad to be here again
    Blah

Comment

Maybe it's a problem with your server, or the upstream server to you server.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Possibly but there's a whole bunch of people from different parts of the world affected. Looks like whole regions were cut off.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I haven't been able to access apolyton for 2 days either
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Possibly but there's a whole bunch of people from different parts of the world affected. Looks like whole regions were cut off.
            Perhaps it has to do with the war against terror...
            Blah

Comment

Is there an announcement about what's happening with access problems?

Comment

True. I lost access mid-post on Monday, and only got it back about 12 hours ago, on Thursday!
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Is there an announcement about what's happening with access problems?
                  There is really nothing to announce. The problems seem to be related to the net itself, and how you access the site.

(it has absolutely nothing to do with the hack I added that randomly gives AH a 404 message)
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was unable to access for a couple of days, but that was the least of my problems....... complete computer meltdown.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I've had problems for several days too. 'Poly was "ping"able, but the web site seemed to be unresponsive - that is, the (ie6) browser screen would just sit there without changing; I presume it had determined that the site existed but was waiting for some kind of response from the web server - it seemed to be willing to sit there for quite a while without doing anything.

During a brief period of functionality yesterday, it gave me that all time favorite treat of giving me the web site unavailable message when I submitted a post .

(note to Ming: people who get dissed by the site do not generally appreciate jokes about 404 messages in lieu of substantive responses about the problems.)

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller
                        (note to Ming: people who get dissed by the site do not generally appreciate jokes about 404 messages in lieu of substantive responses about the problems.)
                        As stated, the problems did not seem to be site related. It seemed to be based solely on your location, and the paths you use in your attempts to access the site. There is NOTHING else that can be added.

And, you OBVIOUSLY have no clue to the relationship that AH and I have shared over the years.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i've not had any problems (beyond my slow connection) in connecting to Apolyton. maybe it's ISP based? i'm not far from DC, so it doesn't seem to be location based (Ozzy seems to be posting OK too)
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Been fine for me. @ Henrik!!!!

-FMK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              And, you OBVIOUSLY have no clue to the relationship that AH and I have shared over the years.
                              If you guys were coming out, why didn't you do it in the interview?

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                              X