The FAQ is quite interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey whining wins the day as usual

Remember kids all you have to do is keep whining and you can have your way.

There used to be a day when people were ashamed to act like babies. But no more.

Note: I'm not saying this is good or bad. I'll leave that for you to decide.

next thing posters will be complaining about my avatar because it has guns in it.

Comment

I'm deeply offended by Dissident's avatar. I find the tight pants that the cartoon is wearing to be sexually sugestive, and hugely offencive.

In addition, I won't even talk about the phallic symbols that the character is holding in his hands

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

AJ Corp-

I hope you realize that it isn't just a religious objection (In my case It isn't religious at all [note: I've been told I've been going to hell by one fanatic ])
        However, there is the notion of decency.

I have mentioned before that I have no problem if he uses those words in a context inside a message.
        But the fact that I have to look at them to see them does annoy me.

Ming-

I have no idea what the picture was about, but from what I hear the picture did not seem insulting, however the location field was.
        However, I asked you to consider it and you did. Thank you for doing so. But my protest remains.

I understand, I know what he wrote isn't morally bad- but some people, such as I consider it mildly offensive. And I don't want to see it ever time I read his poss.
        And Yes, I would like to see his posts and not ignore.
        But I understand you and will allow the issue to drop.

--
        Another issue- why don't we uncensor USA's Vice President **** Cheney, it means the same thing as his profile? And anyways, it IS a name.

"Free **** from the Lockbox!"

--
        A DL? Why would you accuse me of such a thing here. Just because I disagree with you?
        Oh well. I may suspect myself if such a matter occurred, but If I really wanted, I bet I could easily get away with a DL
        -It's called "Library Access" The same reason why I worry of censoring.
        I don't want this site locked out of the censoring mechanism!

EDIT:
        Well, I finally see that Zylka has changed his profile.
        I would like to thank him.
        Zylka seems very socially-conscious, at least when alerted of problems... I have new respect for him! [I did find his 95 treasties fairly interesting ]
        Last edited by DarkCloud; March 28, 2002, 21:52.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
          but If I really wanted, I bet I could easily get away with a DL
          It's called "Library Access" The same reason why I worry of censoring.
          Anybody with the proper resourses and half a brain (not aimed at you) can come up with a DL we can't track. When that happens, we can only hope that they are TOO obvious, or make a mistake
          And sorry for even bringing that up. I saw your post, and thought that it came out of nowhere (I looked through the entire thread and missed your earlier post)...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm not smart enough to have a DL. At least not without AOL. 5 (not 7) screen names, was an amazing feature . I suppose I could go through the trouble or creating a DL now, but why bother? I only did it before because it was so easy.

But I have learned my lesson. The mods have spanked me for being bad.

Comment

Working...
            X