Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis Games on Monday announced the appointment of Jonathan Plutzik as chairman of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Games on Monday announced the appointment of Jonathan Plutzik as chairman of

Source: http://www.civfanatics.com/

Ming you don't have to move this thread because I am about to bring it on topic.

First, let me welcome Mr. Plutzik.

Second, I will not comment on the fact the Sid has made so much damn money on us that he had to hire his very own personal banker.

Now, to bring this on topic I will pose a question to Mr. Plutzik.

Given the embarrassment that Civ3 is and the damage to the Firaxis reputation resulting from this debacle, what are your plans for turning around both the company and the Civ franchise.

Now, I close this post to give others the opportunity to welcome Mr. Plutzik.

Seriously, I wonder if this move indicates that Firaxis is looking to self-publish. I thing that with his background Plutzik might be able to help them get the financing to morph into a publishing concern.

How hard would that be anyway?

Comment

Welcome to the new Chairman of the Board!

JT if you think your negative postings are going to get you any attention from Firaxis you are mistaken. It's enough to pass on the info don't you think without always being so negative.
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Wasn't Civ3 Firaxis and Sid Meier's biggest success? You blame it but as a product it does well because it delivers what the market wants.
        So let's see if Firaxis becomes a global player.

Comment

IPO this year?

This probably means that Firaxis wants to position itself to be acquired or to do an IPO. That's the only reason that a privately-held game company would put an investment banker in the chairman position.
          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Re: Firaxis Games on Monday announced the appointment of Jonathan Plutzik as chairman of

Originally posted by jimmytrick
            Source: http://www.civfanatics.com/

Ming you don't have to move this thread because I am about to bring it on topic.

First, let me welcome Mr. Plutzik.
            Sorry, but Who is He?
            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Re: IPO this year?

Originally posted by AnnC
              This probably means that Firaxis wants to position itself to be acquired or to do an IPO. That's the only reason that a privately-held game company would put an investment banker in the chairman position.
              Acquisition or at least some serious private placement capitalization - given the market's current degree of love for IPO's and the history of publicly traded game developers, I'd be surprised if there was much favorable response to an IPO for Firaxis, at least in this market.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
              X