Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Apolyton Stands" ?? What next?

Well, I meant to start it last year.

I already slapped up a 60% ready program (even though only half of the people i tried to interview replied ) when suddenly... September 11.

Obviously I put it aside.

Then, after much thought, during december and january, I decided it would be silly to review the forums, since if people want, they can just read it - a click away. I'll never keep up the pace. Plus I didn't like the fact that some 75% of the comments were my own (instead of forum users) and additionally they were simply written interview, which I had to read out.

As this was a show meant for 10 - 25 minutes, listening to me all this time can get annoying.

Even though I consider my voice to be ever capable, and I can do a swell impression of many people, it's still boring and repetative.

So after a short talk with Daniel Quick, I told him it would be a good idea to cancel it.

So, I'm thinking, what next?

I still want to contribute to ACSR since I have a microphone and one kick-ass editing software.

However, I probably won't ever have the time to do daily show, nor do I have the time of doing a long weekly show.

I have the finals season coming close, and it will take months. Plus I have some several very large computer projects, one final paper, and I'm the school paper editor.

So, are there any ideas?

Thanks for the replies!

Take your turn!

Comment

since you wanted a reply...

what the hell are you babbling about?
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I agree with ColdWizzard
        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

babble?
          (+1)

Comment

I don't know what your going on about but what ever you are on it must be good SHlT.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Err....

Don't you remember I was supposed to ahve a show on ACSR called Apolyton Stands?

Who are you people anyway?

Comment

I don't remember that....then again, I don't really care, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasmaske
                  babble?
                  babble: verb. 1 a : to talk enthusiastically or excessively b : to utter meaningless or unintelligible sounds

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  Don't you remember I was supposed to ahve a show on ACSR called Apolyton Stands?

Who are you people anyway?
                  no... and apparently we're people that don't pay much attention to ACSR...

Comment

uuuuummmmm......ASCR?!?
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

DanQ records 5 minutes of him talking to himself about Apolyton every week.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Apolyton Civilization Site Radio

Siro - can you elaborate a bit? I haven't the foggiest idea what the hell you're talking about...and I don't think anyone else does either.
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

When I first read you mentioned program I thought it's a computer program, so I thought, what did 911 has got to do with this?

Nevermind,
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

<A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/radio" TARGET="_new">ACSR Homepage</A>

-----------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

rereading Siro's post, it makes sense. he wants to contribute to ACSR because he has a mike and some "kick-ass" editing software (presumably audio) but has limited time to do a show. also, he is looking for ideas and has ruled out summarizing the forums, as it's easy for people to read it themselves and listening to him just read stuff for 15-20 minutes would be boring (so he says). don't know why i didn't understand in the first place, i must be stoopid (along with everyone else )

so help Siro, make non-boring suggestions for a brief radio show that isn't time consuming to make!

Comment

Working...
                              X