CYBERAmazon Has Gone Away ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYBERAmazon Has Gone Away ...

... because I got tired of my old handle, which was created at a time when I was fully immersed in the mythology, legends and archaeology surrounding the ancient Amazon Nation.

CYBERAmazon is now known as Gatekeeper (I've included this in my sig as well, just to be neighborly). My new handle more accurately reflects what I do IRL as a journalist and, frankly, I think it sounds cooler than CYBERAmazon, don't you?

My thanks to Ming, et al., for enabling the handle change.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

thanks for posting about your name change i wondered who gatekeeper was when seeing this thread on the summary page. you've saved me some minor confusion (of which i already have plenty)
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

So...who wants to be Keymaster?

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I thought 'Isn't that cute, gatekeeper has adopted CYBERAmazon's avatar in homage to his favourite poster'. Then the penny dropped, YOU'VE BLOODY CHANGED YOUR NAME. I really cannot keep track of it all
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
          thanks for posting about your name change i wondered who gatekeeper was when seeing this thread on the summary page. you've saved me some minor confusion (of which i already have plenty)
          Well, I thought this would be a nice way of letting others know of the handle change. I definitely know where you're coming from, because I have a hard time keeping track of who is who when handle changes are made and little to no news of the change is made. **L**

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
            So...who wants to be Keymaster?

Hmm ... hafta check the member list to see if anyone of the 15,000 plus handles is a Keymaster or not.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I thought 'Isn't that cute, gatekeeper has adopted CYBERAmazon's avatar in homage to his favourite poster'. Then the penny dropped, YOU'VE BLOODY CHANGED YOUR NAME. I really cannot keep track of it all
              **LOL** Hey, I know where you're coming from. That's why I included a note in my sig indicating that I am the former CYBERAmazon.

I wonder how many folks have changed their handles w/o really making anyone else aware of it? We haven't had one of those "handle change" lists in the Community forum for quite some time now, eh?

Gatekeeper

Comment

The reason you haven't seen a list for a LONG time is that it isn't really needed anymore. Before, when you could make the change yourself... it was almost impossible to keep up with the changes. Now, you need an admin or mod to do it. We keep a log in the staff forum, and dust grows on it. Most changes are for spelling or for personal reasons. If people want people to know, they can put it in their sig... like you and others have done.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No excuses Ming, you've been neglecting your duties
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ming:

Ah, I see. Would it be possible to see the handle changes made since it became necessary for a mod and/or admin to make the change? Just out of curiosity more than anything else.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X