Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for Faces of Apolyton #10 (read the post before voting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Faces of Apolyton #10 (read the post before voting)

This is a survey on who should be interviewed for the Faces of Apolyton #10, the anniversary interview. Please do NOT propose other people - there are some more on my list, but not all are for #10 - all in all, it's anniversary interview. Say, MarkG and DanQ aren't here, though I will surely get both. Small insights on the posters:

DarkCloud - Emperor of Lists, the Apolyton Statistican, author of Apolyton 100 and Apolyton History Book.

Korn469 - A hardcore civ gamer, known for many constructive posts about civ, and not only civ.

Solver - The guy made fun of, originator of the PBEM Ratings ideas, Apolyton staff member and the one to be blamed for all the stupid interviews .

Faded Glory (aka Saddam) - a Civ 3 critic, CtP fan, one of the experienced MP players, who also posts in the OTF forum. Very interesting points at some things, as well as interesting relationship with a few other posters.

Locutus - one of the contributors to CtP mods, an experienced SLIC scripter, now the Apolyton CtP 1/2 News Agent.

Once again, please don't propose the others.

Each vote counts!
    DarkCloud
    21.92%
    Korn469
    20.55%
    Solver
    20.55%
    Faded Glory (aka Saddam)
    20.55%
    Locutus
    16.44%
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

I voted DC. Mainly because he's hte only person on that list that I know.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Where the heck must have you been? I thought everyone knows Korn. And I deserve the vote, too .

And yes, others will be interviewed, too, eventually.

Go Saddam .

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Where the heck must have you been? I thought everyone knows Korn. And I deserve the vote, too .
        The Frontier, or under a rock, your choice.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

fg! fg! fg!
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

If fg wins the vote, I'll be stunned somewhat.

If I win, I'll be happily stunned .

Comment

*holds stun grapple inches away from Solver, awaiting final results*

*grumbles about work*

Comment

Yeah... but we're not going to get the final results too soon. I'll see the thread about the time I'm ready to actually make #10. I haven't even started work on #9 yet, though soon will.

Comment

Thank you for nominating me, it is an honor
                  (I also used to be quite active in AC-Fiction as a Game Master [it's a long story ])
                  This means that I'll have to make another installment of the Hall of Fame

All the choices are good
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DC, you voted for yourself? What a bastard .

Comment

Where did I say that?

Or are moderators able to see the voting options...

Actually I think korn should be interviewed... His credidentials are better than mine.

But why wouldn't I vote for myself
                      This is the only poll where I've done that.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

First of all, I am very honored by the nomination, thanks for that.

Second of all, Solver, I know we're not suposed to nominate people not on this list but I want to explain something anyway. I assume you selected me mainly because of my CtP1/2 work (I did some things in Civ3-Civilizations and other parts of the boards but CtP has always been my main activity).

You used to be a regular on the CtP1/2 forums but AFAIK you don't come there very often anymore (outside CtP1-MP, that is). So I don't need to tell you that in the early days of CtP1, CD was a very important person. Later on, CD moved on to other things and Wes took over his 'position'. A more or less similar thing has happened with CtP2: Wes used to be the one of most important persons on the CtP2 boards but as time passed, he spent less and less time on the game. By now, although Wes is still around and important, hexagonian has more or less taken over Wes's position. So if you're looking for more CtP people to interview, I personally think hexagonian would be a better choice than me (I just do what Wes and hex tell me to do ). The only 'extras' I have over Hex are that I've been publicly modding longer than him, I was part of the A-team and I've done some things in Civ3-Civilizations next to my CtP work. But personally I don't think these things can even be compared to Hex's fantastic work on the Cradle mod.

In any case, you didn't want us to choose people not on the list, so I won't push you to interview Hex, but you may want to keep this knowledge in the back of your head for future interviews.

I won't be a bastard like DC and vote for myself (You ought to disqualify him for that ). I'm still doubting between voting for Korn and Solver, or abstaining from voting at all since I'm not exactly objective. Choices, choices...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                          Where did I say that?
                          Even if Solver can't see who voted what (I don't know if he can, but I do know Markos can), it was pretty obvious. Before you posted, everyone had 1 vote and you had 2 (IIRC). Then you posted and all of a sudden you had 3 votes and nothing else had changed. Gee, I wonder what you voted...

(I was at work this afternoon, where I could see this thread but not post in it)
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Just in case anybody thinks that Locutus just voted for himself...
                            Nahhhh... I just voted for him...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

all the choices are good, but since i can only choose one (duh)...

go fg!
                              A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X