Banana: who started it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana: who started it?

Who's the creative genius that started using "banana" as an option in the polls? I think it's either Stefu or Snapcase, but I am not sure.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

No im not sure who t was. When the forum switched to VBB I just remember the one poll with 16 options.

He didnt know how to use it with only 3. So he did

1)Yes
    2)no
    3)Niether
    4)Banana-16)Banana

That was the first one I ever saw.

Comment

The question is covered in the Faces of Apolyton interview with Stefu, to come on March 26 (or next Tuesday, if Ming doesn't come). A clear explanation there, but I'll remain silent .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Bum
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Stefu is the answer.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris 62, I must have got Ming interview today!
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Erober has claimed a couple of times he was the first one to have add the banana option in a poll.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Do you know about the number threads that were in Nov December or January when it was started? If so- I know that I have the thread saved on my computer and can dig it up
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The best I can do is this thread:
                  37539.htm
                  It wasn't the first, but it was one of the first.
                  "Which is your favorite planet" by MasterBob the Elder.
                  In 10-dec-02

I seem to remember that Banana was started as a psychological poll test
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Chris 62, I must have got Ming interview today!
                    We got interupted about half way through earlier this week.
                    We will hopefully finish up the interview part sometime today, or that's what we planned
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Its a given that each forum must have its unique "gibberish" option on polls. Its a sign of indiviual collectivism.

(Yes that was supposed to be gibberish....)
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                        He didnt know how to use it with only 3. So he did

1)Yes
                        2)no
                        3)Niether
                        4)Banana-16)Banana
                        And hurray for creativity!
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Ming is right, the interview portion is done, now I have to do the final draft, which Ming must approve, it will be ready for publication by Monday, best we can do.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

long story... well not really... too tired to explain... wait for interview... wait.. damn...
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I remember the thread where it was first started. The thread was discussing (whining ) about the use of the last option of a poll as a nonsense option, which skews the results of the poll. The final option of the poll in this thread was banana, which the majority voted for. It used my "Who's your favorite moderator?" poll as an example. It was argued that Ming, who did win, should have won my a much larger margins, and would have if there was no nonsense option.

I think it is now clear, that I am the originator of the banana option.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X