December 1969

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 1969

I have seen a number of posters whose register date is December, 1969. I highly doubt that anyone has been on Apolyton for 33 years, let alone played Civ for that long. If anyone has, please let me know-I wasn't sure 1960s computers were capable of running a game like Civ (any of them).

Steele
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

as explained by MarkG in another thread:

1) apolyton was formed in 1998
    2) no membership info from the two sites was merged
    3) since day 1 on apolyton(and until last may) we used UBB. ubb didnt log the registration date in the member profiles until a version that we installed in the spring of 1999. that's why people registered prior to that date have an empty registration date field. php, used by vB, by defaults translates that to the unix "start of time", 1/1/1970
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Further, Jan. 1, 1970, can become Dec 31, 1969, depending on your time zone setting.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Thanks coldwizard, that makes more sense then Apolyton being 33 years old.

Steele
        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

I have seen people with a registration date of sometime during 1998. Explain.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Those are either the true vets or people who remembered their registration dates.

the Moderators edited their profiles.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thanks DC.

I guess that covers everything about registration dates
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I thought DanQ was the only one with a 1998 reg date in his field.

The date that things began to get registered was 15-Feb-99 IIRC.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible to install a hack in vB as in UBB where users with value=0 get b.02-15-99, as in the old days.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I prefer the current standing of Jan 1970
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      I thought DanQ was the only one with a 1998 reg date in his field.
                      War4ever also has 1998 as reg date, but other than that noone else.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Gramphos, I belive that Mark mentioned that he "could" do that, but it would be a waste of time.
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                        X