Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods/Admins...lights are on but nobodys home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods/Admins...lights are on but nobodys home...

When choosing a forum to go to I used to check the lights to see which forum has a new post. Recently some seem to be stuck in the on position. When I go to the forum there are no new posts since my last visit.

Is there a problem?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Actually, cancel that.
    It doesn't help at all...
    Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 10, 2002, 06:06.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Are you remembering to click the "Mark All Forums Read" link in the lower right-hand corner of the forum index page <I>while</I> you are logged into your forum account?

-----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks Dan, I wasn't doing that.

Comment

Ok, own up. How many other people though this was going to be another shortlived flamefest on the qualities of the moderation?
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
            Ok, own up. How many other people though this was going to be another shortlived flamefest on the qualities of the moderation?

I thought it was gonna link to a spamthread.
            A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

You have both fallen into the web of my BS!

suckas!

(Dan did solve my very real problem however)

Comment

You're welcome, Lancer.

As always, enjoy the site everyone!

-----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

is it possible to mark an individual forum as read?
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I rather prefer to see all bulbs turned off once I read all inside a specific forum!
                    I have to memorize the time I left it, and only go back to it when the time is different from the last time.

This is one of the major flaws I see at Apolyton.
                    The other is being flooded with mails that tell me that there's a new post in a thread I subscribed. One would suffice! I usually get around 100 mails from Apolyton every day, sometimes 10 are just about one specific thread has a new post! This is really annoying!
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                      The other is being flooded with mails that tell me that there's a new post in a thread I subscribed. One would suffice! I usually get around 100 mails from Apolyton every day, sometimes 10 are just about one specific thread has a new post! This is really annoying!
                      I would like to be able to subscribe to a thread but don't get any email notifications, I don't suppose that's possible? Just a list of threads in my control panel that I could reach with one click, without having to navigate through the whole forum structure. Of course, I could divert the notification mails to a spam-address but I regularly get PM notifications and Apolyton emails on the same address as well (and the newsletter, although it has been a while since the last one), I wouldn't want to miss any of that...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                        yep
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                        X