Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are interested in pursuing this further and in a more definitive fahsion, I would recommend writing to the folks at AltaVista behind Babelfish in this regard.

-----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
      Yes, I've always wondered, why does Finnish need 17(!!!) cases?
      And I've allways wondered, why most languages need a ton of prepositions??!?
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Tööti appekate tuntervo hotkotti erre haakia! Helgerto kiiro vakia sera?
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Voisitko toistaa?
          Ekskjuus mii?

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

Originally posted by aaglo
            Voisitko toistaa?
            Ekskjuus mii?

This is the exact reason why I need this translator.

For the time being, can you stop talking Finnish . Try Dutch for a change.
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
              paskanmarjat - steam engine
              lantakasa - ice cream
              Well its not exactly the enigma cipher key but its a start I suppose...
              Next question is whether we actually want to know what they're saying about us ...

Comment

I suggest that you don't believe everything... Rasbelin is just trying to feed you a 'lantakasa'...

Comment

I'm just guessing thats probably not a good thing ... from my point of view anyway...

Comment

Just remember Ravagon that when the Finnish 'translate' for you, more often than not they will 'accidently' be giving you swearwords rather than words like ice-cream
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Please continue this 'new' discussion in a new thread in the "Off-Topic" forum.

----------------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                        X