X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a "should I leave" thread fun?
    Wigalf- were you looking to be flamed?
    In the history of apolyton, everyone who has started a thread like that has gotten flamed and insulted.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Wigalf- were you looking to be flamed?
      In the history of apolyton, everyone who has started a thread like that has gotten flamed and insulted.

You should be glad it was closed
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You ask the wrong question Darkcloud. The right question is, "where was the harm in it?"
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          The right question is, "where was the harm in it?"
          Well... the first time somebody posted an insult and told him to leave as fast as he can... Wiggy would have whined like he usually does... By closing the thread, we skipped right to his whine. Far more efficient
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wiggy,

The Coffeeshop and word association threads are left alone due to historical reasons, other pure spam threads aren't so lucky.

In the good old days of the OTF there used to be a lot more spam threads, such as the steel mill and PROT, but eventually they were all closed.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well... the first time somebody posted an insult and told him to leave as fast as he can... Wiggy would have whined like he usually does... By closing the thread, we skipped right to his whine. Far more efficient
              No, not really. I wanted the damn vote.

Some of you are so conditioned to ever tighter moderation its pitiful.
              Exactly.

If the mods continue to be a bunch of tight asses like this, and lock every non "What Should I Do With My Hair" thread, the forum will die rather quickly. It's that simple. Knocking off posts counts was a serious blow, and now this crappy trigger-happy way of OT moderation will be the capper. The thread fit the forum perfectly, there was no reason to touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                If the mods continue to be a bunch of tight asses like this, and lock every non "What Should I Do With My Hair" thread, the forum will die rather quickly.
                People were saying the same thing years ago... and they were wrong then too

And again, your opinion doesn't really matter...
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Posts counts weren't abolished years ago. Now they are. And you've only stepped up your ridiculous manner of "moderation" since then.

When I registered in December 2000, the place was much more interesting. Had a lot more traffic too. You're killing it.

Comment

Whatwasthat?

Hey, people are trying to sleep already.

Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Had a lot more traffic too.
                      Another ignorant and incorrect statement by the king of silly opinions...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

No, not really. I wanted the damn vote.
                        it's 5-2. now get the hell out.

If the mods continue to be a bunch of tight asses like this, and lock every non "What Should I Do With My Hair" thread, the forum will die rather quickly. It's that simple. Knocking off posts counts was a serious blow, and now this crappy trigger-happy way of OT moderation will be the capper. The thread fit the forum perfectly, there was no reason to touch it.
                        Hmm, 99.9% of threads on the OT are not "Should I set fire to my hair?", "Whats a good rhythm for breathing?" crap, they're mostly thought-provoking crap (the specific thought they provoke, if mentioned, would probably get me banned). Its been that way for quite some time, and will continue to be that way.
                        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Another ignorant and incorrect statement by the king of silly opinions...
                          How is it either?

Comment

How is it either?
                            Because traffic in the OTF is higher now then ever before...

But I can understand how you can be confused... you usually are.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

True - but I like my roasts turned on the spit a few times before they are served
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Because traffic in the OTF is higher now then ever before...
                                You've got to be kidding. They don't even fill one and a half pages a day anymore, and that's tops.

Comment

Working...
                                X