PR: RON Coverage Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld

Er... there is a Europa Universalis forum.
    Eehh, yes..so there is... I don´t really know what I meant there.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
      Apocalypse has summarized the basic points behind why <I>RoN</I> has been chosen, as well as why <I>SimGolf</I> and <I>Europa Universalis</I> have not. To re-iterate, the former is a golfing simulation -- albeit more than your "conventional" one, but it does not fall anywhere near under the <I>Civilization</I>esque scope while the latter (again, as already stated) is too focused on a particular period of time and does give terribly much focus to building/infrastructure.
      EU and EU2 give LESS focus to building of infrastructure than the Civ series (and BTW, MORE focus to diplomacy, war, religion etc.). You can check this by either actually playing these games or by carefully looking at Apocalypse's first post.

RoN may be a great game that deserves Apolyton coverage. EU2 IS such a game.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

BTW, 'more focus to war' doesn't mean that going out for conquest is the surest way to win - this is rather true for Civ3, sadly. Instead, it means supply lines, sieges and leaders that actually work.
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Working...
        X