Foa Interview #5: Lancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foa Interview #5: Lancer

You've been waiting for it, and you've been asking for it -- and now it's here. The "Faces of Apolyton" series is back! Read on...

"Faces of Apolyton" #5: <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/foa_5lancer.shtml" TARGET="_new">Lancer Interview</A>
    <I>A well-known member of the "Off-Topic" forum community and a hardcore</I> Civilization <I>player.</I>

The sixth "FoA" interview will be posted next Tuesday, March 12th, 2002, when master analyst of <I>CivII</I> strategy and one of the Apolyton forum veterans, Xin-Yu, takes centre stage.

-----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. All comments in relation to the 'Lancer' interview should be confined to this thread. Any others created will be closed on site by forum moderators/administrators.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

God that was a boring interview. Lancer did his best but Solver didn't give him anything to work with.

It would have been better if someone that knows Lancer like Sneak had done it.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Horse,

It is really hard for me to know everyone. Especially, he's an off-topicer, don't know these too well.

And I'd be more than happy if anyone contributed questions. Like it's with Ming, tons of questions!
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, no offence
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

AH, I think Solver did a good job. I enjoyed the questions and am very satisfied w/ the way the whole thing went. Perhaps you are letting your animosity towards Solver cloud your judgement.

Anyhoo, thanks Solver...Dan.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I deserve the thanks... though Dan does, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Perhaps you are letting your animosity towards Solver cloud your judgement.
              You're behind the times Lancer - Solver and I are friends now

Comment

Horsie, if you're a friend send your reply to my temp email at apolytonsolver@hotmail.com .

Comment

BTW, I may be able to find a window in my schedule if you want to interview me. But be warned, book early to avoid disappointment
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Provost has been asking for an interview since it all began .

Comment

Not to much of the man showed in that interview, very little indeed.
                      Best part was talking about the Civ III warrior I thought.

The Ming interview will be conducted next week, now that the prelim questions have been asked and answered, the real interview will follow.

Solver, take a tip, whomever you interview, start a thread like my Ming one, to get a feel of what people want to know, it helps.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the tip! BTW, was just going to email you, but I'll say it here: I want the Ming interview by March 16th. I hate to press with time limits, but I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          BTW, I may be able to find a window in my schedule if you want to interview me. But be warned, book early to avoid disappointment
                          Did you write that in your job application letters aswell?

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                            Not to much of the man showed in that interview, very little indeed.
                            Best part was talking about the Civ III warrior I thought.
                            Agreed, I learned more about that hero than the man (except his love for the game).
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This interview didn't mention me at all. Therefore, it sucked.
                              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                              X