Mac Branching Forums Need Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Branching Forums Need Work

The "Mac-CivII", "Mac-AC", and "Mac-CtP" subsections in the Civ-Macintosh mother forum are pretty dead aside from the several SMAC PBEM games going on. Why not combine them into one general MP forum or something? That'd clean the place up a whole lot and make things much easier on the community there.

Also, a clarification is in order: is the mother forum a general mac gaming forum and a CivIII board? Hope so, there probably aren't enough CivIII threads to fill a whole new subforum for long anyway, but just making sure. Some people have problems with mixing the two (although splitting that place further just kills communication, as was shown when there were three separate mac forums a while back).

Mac General/CivIII (main)
    Mac-PBEM (branching)

Simple and easy.

Re: Mac Branching Forums Need Work

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    The "Mac-CivII", "Mac-AC", and "Mac-CtP" subsections in the Civ-Macintosh mother forum are pretty dead aside from the several SMAC PBEM games going on. Why not combine them into one general MP forum or something? That'd clean the place up a whole lot and make things much easier on the community there.
    You make a good case. We will take this suggestion under advisement.

Also, a clarification is in order: is the mother forum a general mac gaming forum and a CivIII board? Hope so, there probably aren't enough CivIII threads to fill a whole new subforum for long anyway, but just making sure. Some people have problems with mixing the two (although splitting that place further just kills communication, as was shown when there were three separate mac forums a while back).

Mac General/CivIII (main)
    Mac-PBEM (branching)

Simple and easy.
    Good question. Although the title of the 'mother' forum for Macintosh-port coverage is "Civ-Macintosh", especially given the sub-forums for each <I>Civ</I> title with a Mac port associated with it the "Civ-Macintosh" forum itself <B>can</B> cover -- and is, at present, covering -- Mac gaming in general, yes, <U>as it pertains to the Mac ports</U> of the <I>Civ</I> titles in question. General Mac gaming in itself, as with PC gaming, can and is slotted to be conducted in the "Other Games" forum.

---------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Mac gaming in general, yes, as it pertains to the Mac ports of the Civ titles in question. General Mac gaming in itself, as with PC gaming, can and is slotted to be conducted in the "Other Games" forum.
      There are several general mac issues out there that really don't belong in the Other Games forum simply because they don't involve a game at all. The G5, the new iMac, what's next from apple, etc etc.

Platform specific news and discussion has to go in the Mac section somewhere, doesn't it? Besides there isn't a mac using community at all over in OG.

Comment

Branching Forums

Are you GP?
        (+1)

Comment

There are several general mac issues out there that really don't belong in the Other Games forum simply because they don't involve a game at all. The G5, the new iMac, what's next from apple, etc etc.

Platform specific news and discussion has to go in the Mac section somewhere, doesn't it? Besides there isn't a mac using community at all over in OG.
          In this case, such discussion should be conducted in the "Off-Topic" forum as would be, for example, general PC platform news.

------------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Talking to a non-existant audience (most mac regulars are on topic posters only) in a pretty general forum about Mac issues when there's already four mac gaming forums elsewhere seems a little pointless to me.

Combining the subforums into one "MP" forum and adding in a "General Apple Discussion" somewhere would help things out a lot IMO.

Comment

Talking to a non-existant audience (most mac regulars are on topic posters only)...
              What makes you so certain? Have you tried?

-----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Um... I made this suggestion months ago.
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I thought you just posted a thread asking why they were there?

What makes you so certain? Have you tried?
                  Can't say I have, but I do know for sure that very few mac posters also visit the OT. Check out some of the MP games or a little of the mother forum...lots of new faces there.

Comment

Working...
                  X