Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AH's thread closed? Non-community related Civ discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AH's thread closed? Non-community related Civ discussion.

Not that the question hadn't been answered, but AH had a valid point ( Lets not waste it...)
    Not just for comparisons, but a generic Civ forum, which is really nothing to do with the community would be really nice.

It has all sorts of potential in relation to all sorts of things.

- Comparisons
    - non-game-specific strategies
    - Tech tree discussion, not necessarily related to any game
    - Unit, building, wonder, terrain improvement discussion, preferences, ideal game etc. (like creation, but not for any specific game)
    - age preference
    - scenario design tips

Whatever, but not everything needs a specific game platform to be a valid Civ discussion, and it doesn't all fit in Community
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

You mean you havent talked about those subjects yet because you are afraid to spam and get a PCR?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Your wasting your time IM. If I suggest something the idea is already doomed because Mark will never agree to a suggestion from old horsie.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

feel free to discuss non-game-specific civ-related subjects here(the "Community" title was meant to cover all that)

but please tell me:
        like???
        - scenario design tips
        not related to any game?!?!
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

with that kind of negative attitude, maybe it's your fault civ3 has no mp
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            feel free to discuss non-game-specific civ-related subjects here(the "Community" title was meant to cover all that)
            Okay then...
            but please tell me:
            like???
            - scenario design tips
            not related to any game?!?!
            1. Like when to build attack units, defensive units, or when to build buildings. How many cities to have under various conditions/games/governments. etc. Cross-platform OCC maybe. Possibly not the best category, but there isn't all too much actual strategy discussion anywhere...
            2. Storylines, favourite historical eras, city placement, map sizes etc.

Also, game aspect comparison, PW vs Workers etc.
            United multiplaying register, for all Civ games (except Civ3)

The possibilities are endless.

Oh yeah, one more thing. This forum attracts as many/more off-topic posters than actual on topic (especially Civ3) posters. It would be nice to have a Civ forum which is not mixed all up with "My thread was closed" threads and that sort of stuff.
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

IT could also be used to comparee civ and alphacentauri and other civ-like games without cluttering this Apolyton/Community forum.

And it could have civ-history, etc. as IW said.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                And it could have civ-history, etc. as IW said.
                Knew I forgot something. It can double as a history forum, for all those history quizzes, discussions (not "Who won in Vietnam", but actual history) questions, etc.

Comment

One thing I'd like to see discussed more is the kind of game you could build taking the best elements of Civ 2 and 3, CTP and maybe Smac.

I'd also like to see more debate about which is the best TBS game.

Those threads are lost on this forum - not many people come here.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    Knew I forgot something. It can double as a history forum, for all those history quizzes, discussions (not "Who won in Vietnam", but actual history) questions, etc.
                    Ah, yes! We could indeed very much use such a forum, the World History forum on CivFanatics is by far the best and most interesting Civ-site forum out there (after the CtP1/2 forums here on Apolyton of course )... It would be great to have something similar here on Apolyton, it would be a very useful source of information for scenario makers of all civ-games as well (most histroy buffs on 'Poly don't come to the Community forum and OT is too much of a mess, so asking history questions for scenarios isn't really possible right now).
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, a forum for suggestions for a Ultimate-Civ Game is sorely needed since the Civ Suggestions forum went the way of Sid Meier's Dinosaurs.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Bumpety-Bump.

Civ-Gaming/Civilizations forum

pleeeeese

Comment

Working...
                        X