Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there still a Big Huge Games forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there still a Big Huge Games forum?

Well?

BHG has shown us that their first game is a real time strategy game. The only thing it has to do with Civ is that it deals with history and Brian Reynolds. Ergo, it shouldn't be on Apolyton.

SimGolf has a much better claim for a forum than BHG.

Oh, and I did know about the BHG preview on IGN before it was posted as news, I just refuse to post new on the BHG game.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

For the love of GOD remove the forum before someone sees it!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

yeah stand up to the man

we demand a sim golf forum or we will be forced to put our sim golf threads in big huge games forum. although I just might do that anyways

Comment

Re: Why is there still a Big Huge Games forum?

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        SimGolf has a much better claim for a forum than BHG.
        How does it?
        HoN has plenty of Civ-esque concepts, and is pausable, much like EU, which we have a forum for
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Re: Why is there still a Big Huge Games forum?

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          How does it?
          SimGolf uses the SMAC engine
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. It's not like the Civ III Suggestions thread (which continued to receive suggestions long after the List had been thrown in the garbage, and even after the game had gone into Alpha) which generated clutter by virtue of simply being there. People don't usually go into the BHG forum and start a thread like "I want a Big Huge Game where you can play grabass, get cracking on it Brian Reynolds!" while in the Civ III Suggestions thread people would regularly start threads like "Make Civ III a real-time strategy game, get cracking on it Firaxis!"
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Ah know... Let's have a spelling contest!
              ...tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up. Marlowe
              The revolution is not only televised, but 40% off. T.
              You SCROOOOOOOED it up, Bobby Terry!! Walkin Dude

Comment

maybe not.
                (+1)

Comment

How does it?

Sid Game

HoN has plenty of Civ-esque concepts, and is pausable, much like EU, which we have a forum for

RoN.. and if it can be included, why not a forum for Empire Earth or AoK? It is very similar to them.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yeah, close it! Or not...

However, I´m a bit disappointed by RON...

Blah

Comment

Re: Why is there still a Big Huge Games forum?

Simgolf:
                      Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      The only thing it has to do with Civ is that it deals with history and Brian Reynolds (read: Sid Meier). Ergo, it shouldn't be on Apolyton.
                      Has precisely the same claim to 'Poly as RoN. Less so 'cos its not strat, more so (possibly) 'cos its Sid.

But CtP wasn't Sid or Brian, and its here. 'Poly is a Civ site, not a Sid site.

Why not include AoK and EE, maybe because um... er...

WE WANT RTS FORUM!!
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Has precisely the same claim to 'Poly as RoN. Less so 'cos its not strat, more so (possibly) 'cos its Sid.

Well basically what I meant is that if there can be a BHG forum, then SimGolf has the same claim to it.

Right?

Comment

Give RoN a chance, Imran. From what I've seen and heard, it is much different than any previous RTS, if you want it to be. I've frequently supported the notion that most RTSes have no actual strategic value, but RoN is a true strategy game. Just give it a chance.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Doesn't sound like one at all... just another RTS, which I won't be buying.

Comment

Well, it is much different. There are ways to win peacefully. When has that ever been possible in the C&C/Warcraft clone RTS genre?
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X