Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Curiosity

Are passwords accessible by mods?

I know they can change passwords and all other kinds of funky stuff, but is viewing the original password possible?

I want to know if I am paranoid when I use different months of the year for different sites?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Passwords are accessabile to ADMINS, but not mere moderator, on VBB.
      Passwords are acessable to admins on UBB.
      I have heard that passwords are not accessable to anyone of ez-boards.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I would recommend that you ALWAYS use a DIFFERENT password for all the sites you visit. While it might be a pain in the neck, it will help minimize problems you might have.

On this site, we can read the passwords... and that has been very helpful when we are working with people to solve their account problems.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming, you made me change my password. Now it is your fault if I don't remember it... (Hey, I've not used this password since I put it as BIOS password on my old 486, how shall I remember it .)
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

very helpful when we are working with people to solve their account problems.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

No, mods do not read your private messages, nor do they have access to them unless Markos has installed some kind of hack to the vB engine. So don't worry, your privacy will not be transgressed.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                I would recommend that you ALWAYS use a DIFFERENT password for all the sites you visit. While it might be a pain in the neck, it will help minimize problems you might have.

On this site, we can read the passwords... and that has been very helpful when we are working with people to solve their account problems.
                In my experience of vB, you cannot read the password...you can change the password or email the password to the user if you are an admin, but that is it. Unless Markos has done something with the original vB script
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't think MarkG has done anything to it... but from the very beginning... We have total access to members profiles.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, that makes sense, if you but it in the profile then of course mods or admins or what not can see it and change things such as passwords at your request! just like IRC, which is what i'm used to!

i guess i can thread jack my own thread so i got another question? I'm not sure who takes care of the interview section on the main page? but on the one for Velociryx, which i did find very interesting, his name is misspelled SEVERAL times? idk if its fixable or not? just thought i'd mention it
                    DarlinKell..... =)

Comment

my password is so incredibly stupid.

I use it as my easy password. Of course now we don't need passwords I should change it to something tougher.

Or have I done that already? . I can't remember if I was forced to change my password to something longer when the forums changed over.

Comment

Why don't you try out the dilbert-method on passwords?

just type your password as "*******", it'll allways be just what it reads on the monitor...
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Ming, go read my password. That's also what I use as an easy one, for sites that nobdoy would hack anyway .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank ya, darlin'...didn't know you'd read that....

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                            X