No announcement yet.

Using threads to setup online games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys should serouisly Mind your own business. Ok I do not have time to reply to these.....cause i am at home eating lunch. But ill give it a shot.

For the record, I was not the one who made a big fuss about that - All I did was say that it's spam, and FG got mad at me for posting in his private thread - he is the one who made another post about it, and complained to the mods, not I.
    If anybody was spamming it was you. You came in and disrupted somthing that was going on. Ok, maybe you thought it was spam. It wasnt, we were setting up a legit game. I think you only did cause you had a bone to pick with me..

It does seem silly if there are only two players involved. Wouldn't it be much easier to use an instant messenger?
    First of all, I wasnt about to spend 2 hours dling ICQ. Ok...so I used the forum It was legit...there was nothing spamworthy about that thread! If you or Osweld dont like it, Dont go in it. Its not your or Oswelds job to moderate, Thats for the mods there.

This is a game site isn't it?
    Amen! If only more people came on here to not **** around in OT, but play games...it would be a better site. As you said, it is a god dam game site. So why the fuss?

And finally...the moderaters are backing me. And they are the last word...they enforce these rules. I wont be making a million of these threads now. I have since Dl/ed ICQ and will set up Sp3 games with JM on there, henceforth.

Also, The complaints against me are upsurd, as Ming pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
      Its not your or Oswelds job to moderate.

I wasn't trying to moderate - I was just telling you what I thought of the thread. I do it, you do it, and everyone else does it all the time. Heck, yesterday I believe you did the "post before deletia" thing in another thread, yourself.

I wasn't the one who complained about it in a new thread, or tried to get the attention of a moderator.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
        I'm finding it amazing how some people just don't realize that we're talking about *only* 2 players! It's, as UR said, plain silly!
        And I find it amazing that you find it silly. Two people wanted to set up a game... and play it. They posted some comments back and forth to each other... adding enjoyment to their game.
        And somebody is silly enough to post in the thread that THEY are spamming...

If you just don't get it, fine!
        Obviously, you don't get it.

edit: It just occured to me now. IF one of them was posting that he wanted to start an MP game, and was inviting the community, and just one answered to the invitation, I would understand that. They would then set it up, clear doubts about some concepts, and start it. I'm really ok with this!

But if you really think that what was posted by these 2 members was not spam covered by "a game", then I really am surprised how naive some persons are!
        First, if their intention was to spam and pad their post count, they did a pretty miserable job of it. You can do a far better just going to the Civ III forum and posting that the game sucks...
        So I think you are the naive one here.

Again... this is a game forum. The two people involved were playing a game. They made some posts (that in my opinion) seemed to be ways to add enjoyment in their game.
        And then somebody SPAMS their thread by calling their thread SPAM... That is the person that should be getting a post count reduction. NOT the people who were just enjoying the game.

And frankly, I have to ask why you even care about this issue.
        People have been using these forums to set up and discuss games in progress since the beginning. What is different here.
        The fact that it is JUST two people doesn't matter. Their have many threads discussing duels between two players.

I'm wondering if some of you are forgetting the long history of these forums, and that they are a gaming forum. If you are complaining about people who are playing a game and posting about it, one has to wonder what the heck you are doing on these forums...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X