Civ 1 Files Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 1 Files Help!!!

I was looking through the forums and couldn't find one for Civ1, so I decided to post a question about it here. I recently reinstalled Civ1, but the fourth disk was under a huge stack of CDs and other stuff, so some of the files on it were corrupted: namely, alex.wav, eliz.wav, and hama.wav. Does anybody have these files? If so, would you please E-mail me them? My E-mail address is urcode@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!
    PLEASE don't smack me!
    -Niffiwan, Spathi Regent

You should be able to download the full version of civ1 if you look around for it, it is an old game. Hey, I even have it somewhere on this hard drive in a zip file.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you are feeling brave and have the bandwidth, I will email it to you if you want.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Civ 1 Files Help!!!

Originally posted by Spathi
        alex.wav, eliz.wav, and hama.wav
        Those aren't files for Civ1 AFAIK. Are you sure it's not Civ for Windows, Civ2, CivNet or something else?
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, I did install it on my Windows 98 system, but I believe it's the original version that I got many many years ago. All I know is that in the Civilization folder, there's a bunch of files, including the sound clips for each civ; for whatever reason, those three don't work. The game works fine, but it's much nicer IMO to get the little musical interlude whenever I meet Elizabeth, Hammurabi, or Alexander, and especially when I am them. To Provost Harrison, I'd prefer not to download the whole game, especially when I have it installed; however, if you have those particular three musical files, I'd be grateful if you could E-mail them. Thanks.
          PLEASE don't smack me!
          -Niffiwan, Spathi Regent

Comment

You might be able to download a copy from The Home of the Underdogs website. http://www.theunderdogs.org/ .
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Well, since I knew those definitely weren't Civ1 files, I downloaded Civ for Windows from an abandonware site for you (took me ages to find it and only found it on some Czech site, all the major abondonware sites only have dead links) and it turns out that this version contains all the files you need, so I presume this is the version of the game you have. I emailed the relevant files to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                Well, since I knew those definitely weren't Civ1 files, I downloaded Civ for Windows from an abandonware site for you (took me ages to find it and only found it on some Czech site, all the major abondonware sites only have dead links)
                Gah, I have it right here in my PC!
                Next time, ask!
                Oh with a special 'Thank you' to Jaybee, for getting me Civ 1 for Windows!
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                  Next time, ask!
                  In that case Spathi would have had to wait 12 more hours
                  Besides, how was I supposed to know it would be that hard to find? And I always wanted to have a look at it myself anyway, this seemed like as good a time as any...
                  (I like the DOS version better though, slightly better graphics... or maybe I'm just used to it)

Comment

Working...
                  X