Voting Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting Problems...

Tried to vote on this thread and I get this message which I have never seen before at Apolyton. Any ideas?

-FMK.
    Attached Files

Never seen that kind of message ever before. I use IE 5.5, for the record.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

sounds like a corupted cookie.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

cookies

Yeah, my cookies have been acting rather strange since all of these changes at Poly. Threads I have viewed show as unviewed. Often times the last poster area is the same even after someone has posted there since my last viewing.

For instance.. after posting this, I went over to the SLeague... then came back here. To my surprise my thread was gone! Figured I might have posted it elsewhere by mistake, but I hit refresh just to be sure.... BAM! here is the thread.

Strange things in the land of 'Poly.

-FMK.

(so how do I uncorrupt my cookie? Delete it?)

Comment

Grrr!! also has this problem, his thread is here, but apparently no solution yet.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Ouch, yeah I can't vote there either... 'Grrr'

-FMK.

Comment

Wow

So far in surfing through some threads I have been logged out of Apolyton 4 seperate times! This is very annoying indeed.

Log in--> hit reply--> Sorry you're not logged in--> Log in again--> make post--> go to other forum--> view thread--> hit reply--> Sorry you're not logged in--> log in--> reply....

Completely frustrating! I think I will call it a day at Apolyton. This is making it rather unbearable to use these boards.

-FMK.

Comment

seems to be working fine for me
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I know what you are feeling.

If you click the back button, then the forum won't mark the thread as read.

I always have trouble with PMs and Polls, but have never had trouble with any other aspects of apolyton.

Deleting the cookie won't help, as a copy of the information is kept on the server, (I deleted mine, and it was replaced with exactly the same one as soon as I logged in).

I think it might be time for you to get a DL.
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Re: Wow

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                    So far in surfing through some threads I have been logged out of Apolyton 4 seperate times! This is very annoying indeed.

Log in--> hit reply--> Sorry you're not logged in--> Log in again--> make post--> go to other forum--> view thread--> hit reply--> Sorry you're not logged in--> log in--> reply....

Completely frustrating! I think I will call it a day at Apolyton. This is making it rather unbearable to use these boards.

-FMK.
                    If you have the auto login with cookies on, but browse board with html, you get a lot of problems like the ones you describe.

It is a really annoying problem, I must say.

Comment

If you click the back button, then the forum won't mark the thread as read.
                      This one is because your browser doesn't re-download the page, only viewing the one that is cached earlier - if you refresh the forum it'll show that you've read it.
                      Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

I don't have any problems with polls.

Anyway, what you should do is to first log out, and then delete all the ACS cookies. I doubt that the server keeps a record of this.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So I still cant vote on many polls here. Same error message as before. Markos, Dan, do you guys have a suggestion as to what I need to do?

-FMK.

Comment

And I'm still getting these problems to.
                            But even more extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                              I think it might be time for you to get a DL.
                              Like the one that you've got?
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                              X