• Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need to change the property of the gif file to transparent

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
      ... and viola...
      That's a musical instrument
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Well , yeah man, thats awesome... Except I could only DL it as a bitmap, and since they need to be gif's, something must have gone wrong when I converted it??? I simply opened and saved as a gif... and viola. I get what you see now as my avatar. For some reason the white came back? Grrrr. IAm I a moron or something here?

-FMK.

Hmmm, that's strange...when i right-click it and choose "save target as", i get the option to save as a gif...anyways, you have PSP7, right? You should be able to do it in there...here's how i do it. Under the colors menu, you should have the option to "set palette transparency". You can use that to set it so that the background is transparent. Hope that helps.

Comment

FMK, try right-clicking on Ixnay's image and selecting 'save as'.
          That saves it as a .gif for me, so it might for you as well.
          Or it might not, depending on your software, etc.
          But worth a try
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            FMK, try right-clicking on Ixnay's image and selecting 'save as'.
            That saves it as a .gif for me, so it might for you as well.
            Or it might not, depending on your software, etc.
            But worth a try
            mine doesn't let me do that it only allows to save as a .bmp, but in psp7, i can save as a .gif and you can change the transparency with psp too

Comment

Hmmmm....gosh I don't even know what I would want....something martial arts related perhaps?
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hows this? I could probably find a better picture, but this still looks pretty good...
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: Question:

How does one make one's background transparent? You know, if one's avatar is a shape other than a square... I have PSP7.

-FMK.
                  done though you probably wanted the previous one.

aah, someone else will use it
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was bored....
                    Attached Files

Comment

WTF????

Okay I have tried and tried this. To no avail.
                      This is in PSP...
                      I took an image. Copied it (Cntrl+C).
                      Opened new image (set background to transparency)
                      Pasted image to new one. (tried BOTH Shift+Cntrl+E, and Cntrl+E)
                      Used the eraser to remove background, this reveals a grey and white checkerboard transparency pattern. (things going okay)
                      Save it as a gif.

Re-open it to find the checkerboard pattern has been replaced with a white background. Every time.
                      What in the world am I doing wrong? It is fine for you guys to do it for me, but I want to know how to do it for myself.

-FMK.

Comment

Re: WTF????

Save it as a gif.
                        Don't. You have to use the export to gif function. Under "File". Then save that, with the existing transparency to get it to work
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No Dice

Doing that gets me this...

I set the transparency to the 'existing image or layer transparency.'

It then filled in the background colour to this red here... which interestingly is the same colour listed if you were to chose the transparency to 'match this colour' in the menu.

-FMK

Attached Files

Comment

Wierd... it seems to have worked when I posted it, however the image looks nothing like that when viewing it with PSP. Odd indeed. It seems to be fine when loaded to 'Poly. Hmmm. Thanks Womby

-FMK.

Comment

Very strange... Are you using the wizard or the normal option tabs? The wizard is a lot easier, and doesn't seem to miss anything out if you just want a basic transparency.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have tried every option! One time it came up with an aweful red background like I mentioned before...and upon uploading it, the red was still there (different image). I then tried a bunch of attempts with the avatar you see now.... (soviet sniper).

The version was horribly corrupted in this process of making it transparent. I dont know why? I will post the original unit here, and you can gague it against my avatar. It might not be noticable at first, but you will indeed see the difference when you zoom in... helmet, rubble area, rifle stock etc... lots of colours that shouldn't be there.

I have done every option each time, making several versions of everything in every imaginable way. I dont know, it acts differently each time. Grrr.

-FMK.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X