No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT is rather nice.... but I really dont care if posts count here or not

Speaking of avatars, anyone got an idea for mine??
    Someone got a pic of a burning skank??
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

A really dirty pair of rivulets would do...
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Just need an opinion on this avatar... I'm planning on switching to it as soon as I'm able to use custom avatars again:
        Attached Files
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          500 posts or one year, but they have to posts not in the off topic forum
          The one year rule is gone.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

500 posts or one year, but they have to posts not in the off topic forum
            Oh, no. They don't count Off-Topic!? I'm never going to reach my 500 limit

Well, while waiting for that limit to be reached...I have a lot of time to think about my future custom avatar...
            "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
            - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
              Hmm, I've always wanted an avatar...maybe Sirot can find it in his heart to forgive our disagreement over Israel and help me out
              Sure thing pal!

Holding a grudge for disagreement in politics is silly. The worse thing that could happen is that i would think your views are stupid.

So?

Even people with really bad personality I forgive... but not forget.

What would you want?

Just need an opinion on this avatar...

Very... 80s nintendo games like

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              Speaking of avatars, anyone got an idea for mine??
              Someone got a pic of a burning skank??
              I don't know what a skank is, but I searched google and... here what I got on the first page of "skank".

You gotta love it
              Attached Files

Comment

that's not what i think of when i think of skanky

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!

You dont know how tempted I am to use that!! But I think that would somehow give the wrong impression about me...
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Question:

How does one make one's background transparent? You know, if one's avatar is a shape other than a square... I have PSP7.

-FMK.

Comment

I'm not very good at giving instructions, but...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                      How does one make one's background transparent? You know, if one's avatar is a shape other than a square... I have PSP7.

-FMK.

You have to either erase everythign around it, or highlight the entire object which you want to keep, and paste it to a new image.

There are 2 tools that will help with either process, the "magic wand" which will select large areas of the same colour, and the "lasoo" which lets you select an area to delete/copy with a free-hand tool.

Also, the areas you have selected will stay if you hold down shift while outlining the other areas which you want to highlight.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hmm...

It may be a while before I get a custom avatar, at my 0.02 posts a day or whatever it is...

Ah, well. I like my little pirate dude.
                        Talent Optional

Comment

let's see here

Thanks Osweld.... test...

Comment

Hmmm well that didn't work. Here is the original... It is some logo for a Swedish Automotive club..lol!

Can somebody hook me up with a version that fits completely, and has a transparent background?
                            Attached Files

Comment

How's this for ya?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well , yeah man, thats awesome... Except I could only DL it as a bitmap, and since they need to be gif's, something must have gone wrong when I converted it??? I simply opened and saved as a gif... and viola. I get what you see now as my avatar. For some reason the white came back? Grrrr. IAm I a moron or something here?

-FMK.

Comment

Working...
                                X