I can't see attachments in Netscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see attachments in Netscape

If I select "view picture" from the right-click list they are possible to see, though. Minor niggle.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Re: I can't see attachments in Netscape

Originally posted by Snapcase
    If I select "view picture" from the right-click list they are possible to see, though. Minor niggle.
    it is the mime-type that is sent as unknown/unknown, and the extension that is nothing.

The server move...
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I don't have problems with Moz. Snappy, what version Netscape are you using?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

4 point bloody 75.

Comment

you dare to say that you're using netscape without being ashamed ? I have the bug fix: uninstall Netscape and use MSIE 6.0
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

On the damn public university computers?

Why, you thought I was using it volountarily?

Comment

so why don't you "suggest" to your university that they get IE? and by "suggest", i mean write a virus that deletes netscape

Comment

Oh these Micro$oft loosers, who uses M$ products volountarily must be ...

So at university I use of Netscape 4.75 of course mostly on a Linux computer. Maybe that is not better but it is free of $€€€$. At home I use Netscape 4.5 and Netscape 6.2, but I have still the impression that Netscape 6.2 is still a beat version. My last expirience with M$€I 5.5 was not very good either. Afterwards I deinstalled it the can't shut down Windoz€98 probably bug disapeared. Therefore I don't use any Micro$oft if it is not really necessary. Unfortunatly it is necessary if you want to play CTP2.

Oh and by the way all attachments have an extension: *.php. If you don't see it you use to many Micro$oft products.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Martin, you're the obvious loser here. Sorry, but it's true.

I hope you wear a helmet when you go outside.

As a side note: If your university had a clue, they would have struck a deal with MS which essentially provides them with free software. MS is very eager to give away $1000+ products (Visual Studio) for ~$10, because it gets a new generation of compsci grads developing for Windows rather than Unix.

IE6 is king if you want less hassles. Let's face it, whether you think it's superior or not is completely irrelevant: IE6 is the standard. Sites are ALL tested in IE6 (or at least 5/5.5) because most people use it. You want things to render right? Use IE. It's the real standard, as opposed to the paper-standard W3C.

I'd also like to point out that your very stereotypical "Linux rulez M$ sux0rs" attitude is the very reason why most people don't take the system seriously. So many immature little brats use it and insult those who use other platforms that it's no wonder Linux has made next to no inroads in the consumer desktop market.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh these Micro$oft loosers, who uses M$ products volountarily must be ...
                    I'm sorry, but I think you're a loser if you only use software made by companies you like. I prefer to use good software and I cannot care if it's been made by someone I love or by someone I hate. MSIE 4,5,6 are all better than any Netscape product, thus I use MSIE. And if I donate more $ to Bill Gates, well so be it. In fact I don't care.

I hope the 'anti-microsoft' hype is over right now.
                    I remember those days that friends of me without any computer knowledge were ranting in public about how much they hated microsoft. Please, get a life.

Microsoft rocks. the only competiter program I know that's better than a MS product is Lotus Notes/ Lotus Domino. Microsoft Exchange server sucks compared to Lotus. Besides that all the stuff MS made is better. I don't care if they achived that position legal or illegal. I'm just a happy user.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      I prefer to use good software and I cannot care if it's been made by someone I love or by someone I hate
                      If that's your sole selection criterion, you will not be using <em>any</em> MS products.

Have you tried any of the competitive products? Any OSS stuff? Upon what do you decide whether something is good?
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        If that's your sole selection criterion, you will not be using <em>any</em> MS products.

Have you tried any of the competitive products? Any OSS stuff? Upon what do you decide whether something is good?
                        You assume he hasn't?

Linux on the desktop just plain sucks. Facts are facts.
                        Lets see...Mozilla has issues with Poly, and quite frankly I find it kinda ugly.
                        Dev-C++ vs. Visual C++. No contest here, again.

I'd like to point out that the irony here is you've never used Windows XP yourself, UR. At least not for any decent number of time. Or if you have used it a lot, you must have one horrible memory from what you've said on these forums about it.

CyberShy's got the right idea, that's the same philosophy I use.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Martin, you're the obvious loser here. Sorry, but it's true.
                          On your assertion alone?

As a side note: If your university had a clue, they would have struck a deal with MS which essentially provides them with free software. MS is very eager to give away $1000+ products (Visual Studio) for ~$10, because it gets a new generation of compsci grads developing for Windows rather than Unix.
                          Which is something they tried to pull with the settlement talks. The other side saw right through this thinly veiled attempt at extending their monopoly.

Clearly, rejecting such deals is what somebody who has a clue does.

IE6 is king if you want less hassles. Let's face it, whether you think it's superior or not is completely irrelevant: IE6 is the standard. Sites are ALL tested in IE6 (or at least 5/5.5) because most people use it. You want things to render right? Use IE. It's the real standard, as opposed to the paper-standard W3C.
                          Guess what's spreading all these worms and viruses these days?

I'd also like to point out that your very stereotypical "Linux rulez M$ sux0rs" attitude is the very reason why most people don't take the system seriously.
                          Most people? Speak for yourself, Mr MS Apologist.

So many immature little brats use it and insult those who use other platforms that it's no wonder Linux has made next to no inroads in the consumer desktop market.
                          Like your brat friends who came on ACS to call everybody who don't like MS morons and losers? So why are there still so many people using MS stuff?

Your argument is simply a non sequitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            On your assertion alone?
                            Well, yeah.
                            He's the one who flamed people because they used MS stuff. Falls under "loser" category to me.

Which is something they tried to pull with the settlement talks. The other side saw right through this thinly veiled attempt at extending their monopoly.

Clearly, rejecting such deals is what somebody who has a clue does.

I should hope you let your S.O. do your shopping for you, buddy.

Guess what's spreading all these worms and viruses these days?
                            Not IE6, because it doesn't open .EXE and .VBS
                            Try again!

Most people? Speak for yourself, Mr MS Apologist.
                            What am I apologizing for?
                            You keep calling me an MS Apologist. Your reasoning? I happen to like the majority of MS products. Oh the humanity, why hasn't someone shot me for this outrage by now?!

I'd also like to point out that your comment had nothing to do with what I said. Businesses do take Microsoft seriously, which is why Windows NT workstations outnumber Linux by some astronomical number.

Like your brat friends who came on ACS to call everybody who don't like MS morons and losers? So why are there still so many people using MS stuff?
                            Huh? Who? Can I get some names?

Your argument is simply a non sequitur.
                            Let's see. My argument is you use what products you like and don't call people "losers" because they think otherwise. Your argument is that I'm a MS Apologist and IE6 spreads viruses (which is actually a false statement, from your vault of inaccurate knowledge of MS products). And my argument is a non sequitur?
                            Last edited by Asher; February 2, 2002, 01:04.

Comment

I use the same computers and therefore have the same problem. I can't see most of the avatars either. Apparentely the University is going to get off it's arse and upgrade them at some point in the not-too-distant future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Side note - the CompSci labs do use MS stuff. Just we can't get to them...
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X