Gramphos can't acces Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramphos can't acces Apolyton

I'm not sure if anyone can help but Gramphos asked me to post this...

Starting around 10:10 this morning, Gramphos can't get to Apolyton anymore. He gets the following error message in IE (although he get's it in Swedish):

The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

[...]
    (We all recognize that one, don't we?) If he visits using Apolyton's IP, he get's to some School of Engineering site. Normally we'd say it's got something to do with his DNS servers not being up-to-date but it's kind of odd that it happened just like that, while he was surfing...

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem and/or solution might be?
    Last edited by Locutus; January 26, 2002, 07:44.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

It happens all the time. Suppose that the DNS servers of his ISP crashed, or a link to the US was broken.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm back at 'Poly.

Everything working fine now.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Dang! I'm now connecting to 'Poly via <em>Greece</em>!

*Waves to Markos*
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          Dang! I'm now connecting to 'Poly via <em>Greece</em>!
          how so?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hasen't Poly been in Greece ever since the move?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              how so?
              Yesterday when I did a trace route the link went through several hosts in Greece.

Now that I know the server <em>is</em> in Greece it doesn't seem so strange

Comment

Yes -- Apolyton's temporary hosting provider and server itself are physically located in Greece. For more info about the temporary move, see our "About" section news item for January 6th.

-----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                X