Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MarkG gags Horse on Civ III? Why? Censorship is bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkG gags Horse on Civ III? Why? Censorship is bad!

I made 2 threads up in the Civ III forums.

One in the strat forum pointed out that the forum was in poor shape which didn't bode well for the future of the game.

The second, in the general forum, pointed out that CivIII dropped many features that players liked in Civ II for no apparent reason.

Both seem like on topic, fair comment to me.

Now I'm being threatened with a massive PCR just for making critical comments about Civ III.

THAT ISN'T RIGHT

In fact, I feel like I can't comment on Civ III at all

IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; January 25, 2002, 19:08.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

It's his party and he can reign if he wants to.

It's how he gets his rocks off.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You are just a cvi2 dinosaur Horse, unable to evolve into civ3.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

right horsie, a forum with over 30 active threads in the last 24 hours is dead and everyone loved ics in civ2...

btw, even a 10% pcr can get you off deity. no need for a massive PCR....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The reality is you don't really know much about either game do you Mark? That's why you panic. I'd be surprised if you knew what ICS is or how to do it. Have you ever actually played either game?

The points I made were perfectly legitimate. Its a shame you know so little about the games to realise that.

That strategy forum is a dead dog.

The general forum is full of people criticising the game and yet you only choose to close my threads.

Pathetic.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            The general forum is full of people criticising the game and yet you only choose to close my threads.
            I´m sure it is a conspiracy.
            Blah

Comment

The reality is you don't really know much about either game do you Mark? That's why you panic. Have you ever actually played either game?

Yeah... He spends much of his free time to work on Apolyton, a leading fan site, which he just happens to co own... and you question whether he has ever played.... He must know "nothing at all" about the civ series...He's probably played more games than you... You look like a moron when you make ignorant statements like that.

Troll score = -10
              Making yourself look like an idiot and a whiner = +10

AH dishes out the crap, but can't take it in return. Life is just so unfair
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The second thread looks legit to me, what was so bad about it?
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Whether there was anything wrong with the second thread or not... that's MarkG's opinion, because he made the call. It also could have been one of those, "the pattern continues, so it's time to take action"... meaning it wasn't the thread simply by itself, but a reaction to the total AH posting experience

What I'm laughing at is the AH argument style.
                  His only defense is... "uh... they seem fine to me, this isn't fair"
                  No facts to support his point of view... just a whine.

And then he makes the most ignorant and stupid comments about the owner of a Civ site not understanding the game...
                  like AH is an expert... HA HA HA HA.

You can argue better than that horsie... maybe you should use some logic or facts instead of making yourself look like Alexanders Ass.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming you are SUCH a company man.

Have you ever seen Death of a Salesman?

I thought both those threads made valid points. Mark just assumed I was trolling. If I criticise, I'm going to be acerbic (look the word up Mark). That's my style. I've also made positive threads about civ III too - like a "name the things you like about the game" thread which was quite popular.

I would like to participate in those forums.

As for trolling, I'm proud of Mark. He's probably my best student. He can almost write in English now too. I can't take credit for that though.

As for civ, Mark has never shown any evidence he plays the game or knows much about it.

Name one civ idea Mark has ever posted?

Comment

Mark just assumed I was trolling.
                      I wonder why] Have you ever heard of "Chicken Little"

As for civ, Mark has never shown any evidence he plays the game or knows much about it.

Have you even bothered to look at anything on this site besides the forums???? If you truely believe that, then you really are ignorant.

And as far as your sig... take a look at all the people posting negative things in the Civ III forums... none of them have been banned... You only get banned for breaking the rules...

Again... another ignorant comment by AH
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Maybe Horses' comments hit a little too close to the truth about the game. And it just wouldn't be right to talk bad about CivIII, the best thing since sliced bread, on a Civ based board.

One question. Why are people who complain about the shortcommings of the game considered whinners by most of you? As I read through the forums, I here things like "you should be grateful for the game you got" or "concentrate on the good points".

Sounds like CivIII wasn't what you guys had expected it to be. Or maybe the advanced warning about so many things being left out allowed most of the people to think of excuses well in advance. In a way, CivIII fans are like Star Trek fans. They have become so trapped by what they love, the creators can now just let you guys make all the excuses and they no longer really have to care. Sid is a genius in that respect I guess.

BTW. Play SMAC(X).
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                          One question. Why are people who complain about the shortcommings of the game considered whinners by most of you?
                          Huh... While there is a constant battle in the Civ III general forum between the "fanboys" and "whinners", this battle is between the posters, not a battle between the Admin and Mods against negative comments.
                          As I said above, nobody has ever been banned for posting a negative thing about the game. For breaking the rules of the site... yes, but not for posting negative comments.

Heck, even I have posted negative things about the game... because it is far from perfect

I just have to laugh at the thought of Censorship against negative comments... Just look at the MANY, MANY, MANY threads that are negative in the Civ III forum... If posting negative things was a problem, there would be far less people being able to post on these forums
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

What most people probably don't realize (but what he himself should know very well) is that AH has a history of 'trolling' going back all the way to the days of CtP1 and perhaps even further. Had I been the mod, I'm not sure if I would have closed those two particular threads, but I can certainly understood where Markos is coming from.

As far criticizing Civ3 goes, if there have been three people who have criticized that game (in the early stages at least), it's Yin, Venger and me; and to the best of my knowlegde none of us has ever been banned for this...
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Maybe Horses' comments hit a little too close to the truth about the game.
                              That's what I think

And Ming is cutting off his nose to spite his face because the whole point of both threads was to put a bit of pressure on to improve the MP version. I hope its civ 3.5 not just a patch.

MarkG also has sites on Macedonia, top 40 hits, graphic design and back hair removal. I suppose your going to tell me he's an expert on all those things too

Comment

Working...
                              X