Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, do you know something we don't?

From the 'Activision Profits Climb' newsitem:
    For Civilization series fans, the company is best known for its Civilization: Call To Power and successor Call To Power III [...]
    Is there something you wanna share with the CtP-fans, Dan? Should we get our (false) hopes up again?

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Yeah, dream on, dream on...

OK back to reality, now it is less probably that Activion will go bankrupt. So there will be no need to sell the CTP licence to someone who is really able to make the final Civ burner. And they have the Star Trek licience, too. Most of their Star Trek games are RTS, maybe a Civ style Star Trek game would be cool, playing the borg...

But actual I prefer games like A Final Unity. And there were too less released in the near past.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ooops, I sent Dan a little e-mail just a few minutes ago pointing that typo.

I never thought someone could be that evil and point that out "in front" of the whole community to see.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        Yeah, dream on, dream on...
        He, if you quote me, at least quote me well It's "Dream on, baby, dream on..."

OK back to reality, now it is less probably that Activion will go bankrupt. So there will be no need to sell the CTP licence to someone who is really able to make the final Civ burner.
        Damn, you're right... And I had already started putting some money aside as well

And they have the Star Trek licience, too. Most of their Star Trek games are RTS, maybe a Civ style Star Trek game would be cool, playing the borg...
        Don't worry about that, Paramount is smart enough not to give away any rights permanently, AFAIK those are sold on a game-by-game basis...
        BTW, Have you ever played ST:BotF? It's not exactly Civ, but it's TBS and fairly good TBS too (I esp. liked the diplomacy, the minor races and stuff)... Too bad you couldn't play as the Borg though (although destroying cubes was too)

Zealot,
        I would have PMed him (in fact, I did just that with another news item last week) but I thought this typo was funny enough to make a thread about, and share it with others Besides, making two typos in CtP-related news item in about 1 week time? Someone who does that deserves public punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          Zealot,
          I would have PMed him (in fact, I did just that with another news item last week) but I thought this typo was funny enough to make a thread about, and share it with others Besides, making two typos in CtP-related news item in about 1 week time? Someone who does that deserves public punishment

Ok, next time I see any CtP related typo, I'll PM you 1st.
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Dan,
            Thanks for fixing it (although I didn't mind the flaw in this case )

Zealot,
            LOL, you do that

The only problem now is, if I keep picking on Dan, he's not very likely to post more CtP related news items in the future, and it's not exactly as if he was flooding the news script with them

I think I'll just let the next two typo's slip to give him a break

Comment

Working...
            X