Can The Mods Please Let Us Know When They Close Our Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can The Mods Please Let Us Know When They Close Our Threads

It's annoying creating a nice, interesting, controversial thread only to "see" it disappear without trace or reason a few minutes later.

Mods, you have some explaining to do! When you close a thread, PM the thread creator and let them know why!
    www.my-piano.blogspot

It's even more annoying watching you play your "let's push the limits" game... I'm not playing!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Looks like things are the same as always...

(Waah, waah!! GP is spamming. TM Andz83).

Comment

I have not begun to fight yet, this is not over!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan von Christoph
          I have not begun to fight yet, this is not over!
          If you wish an extended vacation... just keep it up.
          I'm not playing your games today.

This is your only warning.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Does any mod know anything about my thread in the OT a few months ago. I started a thread, but got no responce.

I was called "If you're bored and you know it" and was about a game I play with ICQ bots. Was there a problem with this, or can I repost it next time I get really bored at 2am?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Can The Mods Please Let Us Know When They Close Our Threads

When you see the little padlock icon on the thread you might be on notice. When it vanishes without a trace you make make and inference about it fate, although I have seen them temporarily vanish off the bpttem of page one when there a annoucement on the page.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

When did GP return?
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Most thread deletions are self-explanatory.

What I don't understand however is the distinction between deletia and locking. The options seem to be interchanged very often
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                    What I don't understand however is the distinction between deletia and locking. The options seem to be interchanged very often
                    In most cases... MarkG, MtG, MLeonard just close threads. Yeah, if some are offensive or include "questionable" links, they will delete them... but generally, they just close them.

When it comes to deleting threads, I'm usually the one that does it. I delete far more threads than I close.
                    I usually only close threads if I'm leaving a warning or I want to make a point... or if it's borderline, and I think there is a reason that I may reopen it.

However, my general rule is to delete it. Most are pure spam... and to just leave it closed still leaves it on the first page for a while... giving the offender just what they want... attention.

Same goes for the real bad troll threads... to leave them also gives the original poster attention.

When it comes to copy cat threads... I sometimes close the second or third one with a typical warning of "that's enough"... but many times, I will just delete them to unclutter the forum.

So it is mostly a matter of judgement... and I try to stay consistent with my own actions. What the other mods or Admin do is their call... not mine.

So if a thread is deleted, you can usually bet that I'm the one that did it. And I see NO need to waste more time sending a PM or creating a thread talking about why.

In some cases, I do... but in most cases, people are just playing the "what can I get away with game"... and then follow it up with "shock" when action is taken... These people can be annoyed for all I care... they deserve no more of my time.

If anybody wants a reason, they can always PM or ICQ me, and I will almost always give a detailed answer. I much prefer to handle it in private. Usually, the people that start threads asking why, are just looking to stir things up, or are looking for attention.

Again, I will answer reasonable questions on the rules.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

GP sighting!

(+1)

Comment

That's mighty benevolent of you

Thanks for not deleting this thread, Ming!
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                        X