Why was my OT thread erased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was my OT thread erased?

I had a thread in the OT that commented on the speed with which a moderator locked another thread. My thread is now gone, while the locked thread remains. What's up with that? In my thread some people (Hydey for one) wanted to know what the person in the locked thread was even talking about, so I emailed an expert in the area and posted their response. I won't repeat the actual subject matter here because I don't want this thread closed too, but the original message, which is still there the last I looked, was a slang request to purchase drugs and my friend, who is a drug prosecutor in Canada, explained what the slang meant.

What the heck is so evil about all of that? And how is it worse than the original post, which is still there?
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

This is the proper forum to post any complaints or comments on moderator's actions... not the OTF.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You've got to be kidding. Commenting that a Mod is fast on the draw and then chatting about the vagaries of slang isn't OT? It seems about as far off topic as anything else on that board and only two posts were about the Mod - the rest were about slang. Besides, if the only reason my thread was erased was that it was in the wrong forum, why wasn't it moved here?

The reason I ask is that it is annoying to go out of my way to get an answer to another poster's question and then have the thing axed for what appears to be a fairly capricious reason.

Comment

I must agree with Echinda here Ming
        I had no idea what the first thread was on about and I guess there are others who had no idea either. If the first one was left for all to read then the second containing an explaination should also have been left .

Just my opinion
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

They have a policy here of deleting threads from anyone who misspells echidna. Check the FAQ on that.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

well that explains it , thanks Horse

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

did you take into account the nether thread position in between pages? when a page gets dropped from the first page, it isn't immediatley shown on the second page.

Comment

the 1st thread was still on the first page and locked when the second thread was removed

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

But I confessed to my mispelling. That has to count for something.

Comment

yea! why was that deleted? if it didn't belong in the OTF, and instead belongs in the Apolyton forum, why didn't you just move it? I have a feeling that isn't the reason. Please give the real explanation, ming.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                    X