You've Ignored My Map!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Ignored My Map!!

After bearing a year long grudge i've been told to take my complaint here. Although now that I am I think I did this already but it still wasn't fixed. Anyways...

I made a great world map for Civ2. I sent it in a year ago, it was never put up. I sent it in several times since then, I haven't heard boo.

Y'all hate me?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Depending upon when you attempted to send it, Ozzy, we may have not received it due to email difficulties at the time. That said, if you have a look in this forum you will find a thread about the CTP2 database and we explain the present situation with the file databases.

-----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan is referring to this thread (the title can be rather confusing so I thought I'd mention it).
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

And we shall continue to ignore it.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I seem to recall MarkG put my Britain map up for CtP without me ever sending it to him. I think he must have nabbed it from another site, whom I gave exclusive rights too.

Its one of the highest rated maps too.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
            I seem to recall MarkG put my Britain map up for CtP without me ever sending it to him. I think he must have nabbed it from another site, whom I gave exclusive rights too.

Its one of the highest rated maps too.
            That was your map? That's a brilliant map. The only problem I have with it is that the goodie hut in Cornwall always gives a city, and the starting locations are always the same. Still, it is great.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanx.

Comment

For those interested.

Download from here

Comment

Oh that one. Oh I was thinking of another one Sorry...

I guess I should download that one now.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

<I>And we shall continue to ignore it.</I>

While unfortunately the end result is the same for the time being, "ignore" implies an unwillingness as opposed to an inability to do something in my book. I just want to clarify that, again, this is not the case.

-----------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      i believe that at that time the ctp2 db updates were being made by omnigod. perhaps you sent it to him? eitherway, i'm sorry if we didnt get your permission for posting the file, if you want it removed just say so

it's not our policy to "nab" files from other sites and i believe omnigod had enough submissions to keep him busy from doing something like that
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I was only joking Mark.
                        Of course you can keep it!

Comment

Hey, the pages I delivered to Mark in September for Civ2 Hints & Tips haven't been posted yet!

You forgot to post them again Markos?

...or no time at all

Comment

But BC, wont the site with the exclusive rights be angered

*they might sue! *
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                            X