Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irony at its best

Blue screen of death!
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Irony at its best

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Blue screen of death!
      I remember seeing that live on CNN.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hey, that video clip - does it have sound? My sound card is busted.
        Did a Windows computer crash in live broadcast when trying to show it's abilities?

Originally posted Chowlett
        Kass - where does that quote in your sig come from? The first one, that is.
        Oh, I haven't remembered to put that in. It's Blackaddercus, in the Ancient Rome scetch in <i>Blackadder Back & Forth</i>.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
          Hey, that video clip - does it have sound? My sound card is busted.
          Did a Windows computer crash in live broadcast when trying to show it's abilities?
          Yes and yes.
          He tells that it just is to plug in a new device, and that the drivers are loaded. And he tells to notice the scanner, and then the blue screen pops up, and everyone laughs. Then they say that it is the reason why Windows 98 aren't shipping yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Yes and yes.
            He tells that it just is to plug in a new device, and that the drivers are loaded. And he tells to notice the scanner, and then the blue screen pops up, and everyone laughs. Then they say that it is the reason why Windows 98 aren't shipping yet.
            But this was before Win98 was infamous for the BSD?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
              But this was before Win98 was infamous for the BSD?
              Sure, but Windows 95 had been out for a while, and it had them as well.

Comment

About the Topic...

Hey what's wrong with the 500 posts to have a custom avatar? I even think that 300 is enough! 'Poly's avatars are all known by everybody, so why not allow a more wider diversity?

I want avatars back!

And that BSD "movie" is truly a classic!
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Re: About the Topic...

Originally posted by Zealot
                  Hey what's wrong with the 500 posts to have a custom avatar? I even think that 300 is enough! 'Poly's avatars are all known by everybody, so why not allow a more wider diversity?

I want avatars back!

And that BSD "movie" is truly a classic!
                  Noooo! It is the vustom one that make the Server load soo big (as they aren't cashed, and are stored in the database)

I'd say that the limit should be raised to at least 1000 maybe 2000 to not have as many.

Comment

Re: Re: About the Topic...

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    maybe 2000 to not have as many.
                    116? Isn't that a leeetle limiting?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Re: Re: About the Topic...

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

116? Isn't that a leeetle limiting?
                      Even ridiculous, IMO! What use is it to have the ability to support custom avatars if we aren't allowed to use them?

For a long time I just didn't absolutely care about avatars, until I started noticing on some custom ones, which were very interesting and funny!!! Now I have more than 500 posts and I can't use mine! I'm sick of my CtP avatar! Even now that I don't see it in the forums, it just doesn't get out of my mind, specially because I'm extremely eager to use my custom one! And the rest of the avatars Apolyton provides... pfff...
                      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                      X