the 1970'sers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 1970'sers

To all apolytoners more learned (read decrepit ) than I. What's the deal with people having apolyton joining dates of 1970? Are they the forum originators or something? I've been meaning to ask for months.

they have no life.

I remember all the flame wars back then when people were discussing whether the vietnam war was the most effective way of deterring communism. Oh those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      they have no life.

I remember all the flame wars back then when people were discussing whether the vietnam war was the most effective way of deterring communism. Oh those were the days.
      So that's why it says Feb 2000 under your name? Newbies...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Edit: MarkG explains the rest better below.

If you set your time zone in the control panel to any west of GMT you will see their date become 12/31/1969. To put the real joined dates in would require manual editing by the administrators.
        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 15, 2002, 17:30.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Someone called?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
            When two existing prior sites joined in 1999, the existing posters of the two forums were tagged in the data as from the beginning 1999.
            1) apolyton was formed in 1998
            2) no membership info from the two sites was merged
            3) since day 1 on apolyton(and until last may) we used UBB. ubb didnt log the registration date in the member profiles until a version that we installed in the spring of 1999. that's why people registered prior to that date have an empty registration date field. php, used by vB, by defaults translates that to the unix "start of time", 1/1/1970
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I thought there was away to set a default of "pre-XX-XX-XX". That is what used to be said on the boards.

Comment

Many thanks, one more mystery solved. Say, you don't know where all my socks go do you?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Many thanks, one more mystery solved. Say, you don't know where all my socks go do you?
                  Not sure, but the holes in your socks come out as fluff in your belly-button

Comment

technically, I have been on these forums since SMAC came out. That was under a now inactive login. I didn't know this place existed before then.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Say, you don't know where all my socks go do you?
                      Check in the garden, it worked for my family.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

1970 rego indicates alluminati status. We have our own secret forum.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well, we did until you told the mods...
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

We should've kept that forum accessible but locked, there were some classics in that...

Word association - usual rules apply, except that you have to post five times before anyone else can
                            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I always find it amusing that I've been on these forums almost twice as long as I've been alive...

Comment

Working...
                              X