This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
    How much extra does PH get for creating the DL and posting under ban?

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
      Oh, and Ming, in case you still remember how to read in your transition to becoming a 6 year old, here's a message from Provost.
      Yeah... great comeback yourself
      I'm not the one living in a fantasy world where the simple facts can be ignored. Again... do you really believe that PH made one single joke and that is why he was restricted. Do you continue to ignore that it was his intent to attack, and that he admitted it.
      If so... your problem, not mine.

Anyone else would have been banned for 2-3 days for offending the sensibilities of the Apolyton stool pigeons. I get 2 weeks. No one else got anything. You aren't going to mess me around like this.
      Maybe if it was your first time PH... but no, you continued to do it every chance you could. And your intent is not in question.
      And I wasn't the one that "messed with you"... again, simply ignoring the facts.

Why exactly did he get a whole fortnight?
      And why are you asking me? Did I do it?
      It was MtG's judgement call to make, and he made it.
      Take it up with him.

My position is simple. They both broke the rules. That is a fact.
      You can not deny it by saying "he deserved it"
      Again... two wrongs don't make a right.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A reluctant farewell indeed... It's getting to the point where you have to wonder if the term farewell even applies.

FWIW, I concur fully with the posts and points Lefty has made here and in related threads on this "issue".

Provost never had an easy time accepting blame or criticism, so what else is new. Wanting to turn the forum into a kindergarten of whining because of his lost deity status was to be expected. What baffles me is the mods allowing it to happen.

This "debate" should end right here and now. Heck, in the other thread in this forum, red jon is trivializing the Sept. 11 attacks because of this!

Talk about losing perspective if you ever had any to begin with.

Comment

Why exactly did he get a whole fortnight?
          It appears from the outside that rather than banning several of you for a one week, they made a reinforced example of a ringleader. He appears to be carrying some penalty that YOU and other allies earned. This is just observation and rational inference on my part.....
          ....Surely you would not suspect me of being a DL for the inner circle would you? You are not that paranoid are you?
          Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 16, 2002, 11:41.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Sorry to see you go PH.
            We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              This "debate" should end right here and now. Heck, in the other thread in this forum, red jon is trivializing the Sept. 11 attacks because of this!
              I WAS MAKING A POINT ABOUT HOW NY HAS SOLD ITSELF OUT, TOTALLY UNRELATED. I do have my own opinions about things you know.

Ming, Giancarlo started the whole thing when (for some bizzare reason) he took offense at a perfectly innocent joke about how he could be Bush's voodoo doll (as they both choked on a pretzel). Then he started his usual ranting.

PH said some things in jest, whereas Giancarlo actually means the despicale things he says. Which is worse, a sexual act or slaughtering millions?

Comment

I WAS MAKING A POINT ABOUT HOW NY HAS SOLD ITSELF OUT, TOTALLY UNRELATED.
                YOU LIE! You were trying to incite the Noooo Yawwker Chris 62 into a flame war.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Is this a bad time to try and defuse the situation with humour?

Thought so...

Can I recommend something to people? Type out your big long rants in response to this thread and save them somewhere, text file or something. Come back tomorrow and read what's in the file. If after reading it a few times you still think it's a good idea to post it then, and only then, post it. Just 'cause it's text doesn't mean it's not a real person you are responding to.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I thought people did that already.

I know I do... but maybe that's because I'm a really slow typist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lars-E

How can he retract a threat when he's not allowed to come in here?

As for the other reasons you give preachers would never be allowed to post here.
                      Private messages still work when a poster is banned. During the successively longer bans, I was in regular communication with CivNation by PM.

Funny, I actually show up in church every so often, and I really have yet to hear a priest or monsignor go into a spittle-flying rant about how all homosexuals and nearly everyone else are going to richly deserved hellfire. I'm not really into the Cotton Mather brand of "Christianity"

And yes, some people wouldn't be allowed to post here. If Tom Metzger (White Aryan Resistance) tried to post here about how segregating the "******s" from the white folks was good for both races, it wouldn't fly.

And BTW, since everyone, including Provost, has had a chance to say whatever they want to say about the banning, this thread is now closed.

Everyone chill!
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                      X