Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Game... Well what do you think about that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democratic Game... Well what do you think about that!

Well at CivFanatics forum they have a democratic game on classic civ2 where the president does the gamming but has to do as the member want he can tell what they want by polls!

Well what do you think about this idea to set up one here!

You can but you have to be a member to reply to the polls and threads but you can see it!

"well, adamsj, i hate creating empty forums , especially if you require posting abilities on specific people(a process that takes time), so why dont you start a presentation/sign-up thread in the civ2-general forum, and if we get a decent amount of interested people, we'll do the forum"

Well I have at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=40079
    Last edited by James Adams; January 17, 2002, 09:02.
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

AdamsSJ:

Can you provide a direct link to the thread in question at CivFanatics so myself, the rest of the Apolyton staff and the public at large here can look at it for further information so as to ascertain its potential for a similar test here?

---------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'm afraid that's not possible Dan, we restrict access to the game forum to the actual players (For those who don't know, I am Alcibiates of Athenae, Moderator and current president of the game), which is currently 50+ players.

I can tell you about the concept, which is:

Playing a game of civ-2, where the posters vote for a cabinet, and then the cabinet post polls on game actions (such as what to build, what to research, ect).

The game is halted every five turns or so, for new polls.

The president posts screen shots of the game map, and the posters act as citizens, deciding the fate of their nation.

This type of game requires considerable effort from the Moderators (Cornmaster and Myself) to keep the game moving and the forum free of clutter, so the game can be played and enjoyed.

Some posters act as historians, recording the game, others form political action groups, and elections are held at intervals to allow others to play more leading rolls (for example, I am the second president, I served as Military advisor before).

The game is involved and very interactive, and our fictinal nation (united Fanatica) even has it's own flag, submitted as a contest, and voted on by the posters!
      Attached Files
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

The game of democracy

They have a forum for it.

The rules are in one of the sticky threads.

I have not participated, but as I understand it they elect a cabinet montly with position for president. VP and each one of the adisors. Each advisor post poll threads for matters to be decidened in his department, like the science guy would post a poll for which tech to research.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
          I'm afraid that's not possible Dan, we restrict access to the game forum to the actual players (For those who don't know, I am Alcibiates of Athenae, Moderator and current president of the game), which is currently 50+ players.
          I just got in to look at the threads, and I am not registered player.
          Perhaps only posting is barred, not looking.
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I just reviewed my notes, you can look at it, but not POST in it.

My mistake.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Ok I checked it. You can veiw but not post.

Edit: Is there a smurfing echo in here or what!?!
              Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 16, 2002, 01:02.

Comment

well, adamsj, i hate creating empty forums , especially if you require posting abilities on specific people(a process that takes time), so why dont you start a presentation/sign-up thread in the civ2-general forum, and if we get a decent amount of interested people, we'll do the forum
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

In 40 days with under 60 posters enabled, it has generated over 1800 posts. It appears to be a rather busy process to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                    In 40 days with under 60 posters enabled, it has generated over 1800 posts. It appears to be a rather busy process to play the game.
                    that's very good to hear. as i said, someone sould start the sign-up process in the civ2-general forum, and we'll go from there.....
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That could make revolutions rather interesting. Overthrow those leading the game and take command for yourself.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

it works pretty well.

however: chris, i'm going to have to tell you that i'll probably never be there again. for some reason i'm not able to log in anymore, some problem with the university's firewall. although i'm able to log in here wich makes no sense

Comment

Do you have a spymaster, and does he have to post polls on what to do?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                            it works pretty well.

however: chris, i'm going to have to tell you that i'll probably never be there again. for some reason i'm not able to log in anymore, some problem with the university's firewall. although i'm able to log in here wich makes no sense
                            Contact Thunderfall at thunderfall@civfanatics.net, he may be able to help with this problem.

Comment

*starts recruiting other Finns to the Democratic game like there was no tomorrow*

Maybe you need to advertise it on Off-Topic?
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X