Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of bananas? (and unidirectional polls)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of bananas? (and unidirectional polls)

Such polls not even giving a choice should be banished. Useful to nothing. They use bandwidth and our time. If you make a poll, it's supposed to give the opinion on something, not just say that you hate this or that. We already have too much polls to add some that're useless. They just tend to give the impression to some that they are alot to think in the sense of the poll or something.

Would it be possible to give rules to poll-makers?

PS: Those who responded to the poll, what do you think of bananas? D'uh!
    I don't like them because they're ugly
    0.00%
    I don't like them because they're curved
    0.00%
    I don't ike them because they're yellow
    5.00%
    THEY'RE JUST BAD!!! PUT THEM OFF!!!
    15.00%
    bananas
    80.00%
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Since this is a post about posting I fully expect it to be zapped to another forum before I've finished typing this. For some reason posting something lighthearted and not strictly on-topic makes it more worthy of active moderation than personal attacks or vulgar language.

I voted bananas. Not because they are, but because I thing you are for creating the poll and I am for responding
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

"I thing you are for creating the poll and I am for responding"

hehe
      That's an interesting theory: in society, there are some people there to make polls, other to respond to polls.

About that it's on Civ forum, well I didn,t thaught to it at all... dunno if it's where it should... At least, it's concerning this forum...

Comment

As a mere poster of settler rank, I am responding to this poll primarily to increase my numbers, and secondarily to express my distain of bananas. Also, the word "bananas" is spelled funny, and somehow that fact alone causes me substancial distress.

Comment

Trifna, what poll are you upset about?

I don't totally follow your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Slax
            Trifna, what poll are you upset about?

I don't totally follow your post.

All these polls that give only the options of one opinion. Example:
            "What do u think of Civ III?
            1- Awful
            2-disgusting
            3- very awful"

Comment

Well, you can just not respond to them or post your own, more varied answer poll.

Simple, innit?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Sometimes, even if you provide the whole continuum of responses, the question itself is a fallacy, rendering the poll worthless.

For example:

Have you stopped cheating?

1. Yes

2. Partly

3. No
                "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Definitely a case of bananas, because they are a good thing.

Also definitely a case of postia before movia.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Trifna, this is one of the most spammiest threads I've seen so far. What a waste of time...
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

oh well, too late.
                      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

bananas are a quality fruit, and superior poll option.

as for stupid and useless polls, i neither vote on them nor post in the thread, doing so would waste more time than what was spent on reading the poll in the first place (not to mention the bandwidth).
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Did this thread start off in Community?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

no, it started in the civ3 general forum
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

i think trifna's upset about my poll.
                              i [I]did[I/] give you a why not option...

Comment

Working...
                              X