Capitalism 2 Vs CIV3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitalism 2 Vs CIV3.

I have played both games now and there is no comparison. Capitalism 2 is the best micromanaging/empire building game there is. It has no need for patches and costs only $20. Anyways i think there are a LOT of really really good things that games like Civ could "borrow".

1. No matter how big you are your just a few quick steps from death if you make the wrong choices.

2. There is no one path to victory. You can go the retailing path, realistate market, or stock market. You can buy large chunks of your enemy's corperation and even take them over. I think civ could really borrow from this idea.. IE trade between empires is how you generate the most gold. Also for things like raw materials, ie coal every location has a quality, quanity and reserve size associated with it and when you mine it or sell it you can see it decrease.

3. Its a real time strategy game that actually works! You can play it multiplayer and if you don't micromanage it doesn't have that much of a over all effect. You just pick a route of playing that doesn't require micromanaging. oh ya and the stats screens are incredable!
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

I might look into this game some time. The price is really great for a new game.

Can you tell us about
    a)documentation. Always important in a strat game and unfortunately often sub-par even in good games.

b) interface: does the game have a lot of tedious clicking? IIRC one of the reviews complained about it.

c)realism: does the game do a good job in simulating real-world business situations in your opinion?

d) any user forum available?

Thanks.

Comment

I played Capitalism Plus and I liked it very much. I don't remember how exactly happen, but I did the stupidity to deleted it and now I just can't find a copy anywhere.

I read in a romanian game magazine about Capitalim 2, but I got the impresion that is just Capitalism 1 with some better graphics. Can you tell what are the differences between 1 and 2?

I hope that in Civ 4 the resurces will be presented with quantity and they will consume out.
      "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
      "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

Originally posted by Mihai
        I played Capitalism Plus and I liked it very much. I don't remember how exactly happen, but I did the stupidity to deleted it and now I just can't find a copy anywhere.

I read in a romanian game magazine about Capitalim 2, but I got the impresion that is just Capitalism 1 with some better graphics. Can you tell what are the differences between 1 and 2?

I hope that in Civ 4 the resurces will be presented with quantity and they will consume out.
        basically.

I don't remember much about cap plus. But in this one you can also go into the real estate market, and playing online is great! They added a bunch of new products and little things here and there.

As for the documentation it is exellent. Its basically a game that should cost $50 and is selling for $20

here is more info on the game
        GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

And i do agree with you on resources in civ. In cap 2 they have quanity, quality, and reserve. So the quality of the reserve determines how strong your weapons are that you build etc..
        and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kautilya
          I might look into this game some time. The price is really great for a new game.

Can you tell us about
          a)documentation. Always important in a strat game and unfortunately often sub-par even in good games.
          Its great.

b) interface: does the game have a lot of tedious clicking? IIRC one of the reviews complained about it.
          only if you want there to be. you can /must assign a COO, marketing director etc to run your business empire as it grows. and they take care of the pricing etc for u. The only clicking is when you set up a factory or farm and tell it what to produce. or when you set up a store.

c)realism: does the game do a good job in simulating real-world business situations in your opinion?
          Well several universities in the states are planning to use it to teach business. So it must be pretty damn accurate....

d) any user forum available?

Thanks.
          I am not sure. I have looked but haven't found an active one.
          and kill them!

Comment

Why are you comparing <em>Capitalism</em> with <em>Civ 3</em>? It's like comparing fishes with bicycles.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Why are you comparing Capitalism with Civ 3? It's like comparing fishes with bicycles.
              Because posts do count here?
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Why are you comparing <em>Capitalism</em> with <em>Civ 3</em>? It's like comparing fishes with bicycles.
                But, do fish need bicycles like women need men?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X