Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton.com

~~~
    Last edited by our_man; January 18, 2015, 15:02.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

It explains why I haven't been able to get to this site for several days, since I had it bookmarked as Apolyton.com as well. I thought that they just had the server so overloaded due to the holidays that I couldn't get in or were doing a major upgrade to the server and shut it down. I even got a few "Forbidden" notices when I tryed to get in there, probably when they were still in the process of changing. It would have been nice if they would have emailed their members what was happening, maybe would have added it to their last emailed column or something, (maybe they did but I didn't notice it).
      What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
      Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Fogi :
        These were true problems ACS had. Actually when I try to access www.apolyton.com now I get to ACS, not some university.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Probably someone's joke

Apolyton.com goes to .com... thus; does apolyton have 2 servers?

.com
          and
          .net
          ??
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Same server, two DNS couplings. (Which is what connects an IP address to a domain name.)
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

What does "Apolyton" mean anyway?

a - not
              poly - many
              ton - posters?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The site is a merger of "The First Greek Civilization Site" run by MarkG and "The Ultimate Civilization Site" run by DanQ. Take a guess.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                  What does "Apolyton" mean anyway?
                  *tut*
                  Its Greek for "Ultimate"
                  Read the FAQ.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well, at first glance I thought it was "Apollyon", the "Destroyer".
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Well, actually, it's greek for "Terminal, Final" according to a greek friend of mine. Very prophetic if I may say so myself.

It's officially pronounced Hee-roh-HEE-toh.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I never read FAQs

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

*tut*
                        Its Greek for "Ultimate"
                        Read the FAQ.
                        Where in the FAQ?

I checked an online greek dictionary and it came up with nothing.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                          It's officially pronounced Hee-roh-HEE-toh.
                          And they say Greek is phonetic
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Apolyton- The Final Destroyer

The Final Destination for Civ Fans

(New Slogans)
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: I never read FAQs

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                              Where in the FAQ?
                              Ah Ok, maybe not. But it is mentioned a few times in the Apolyton About section, in particularly, here - Apolyton, translated from Greek, means ultimate.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X