Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to my "666666 posts exactly" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to my "666666 posts exactly" thread?

What happened to my "666666 posts exactly" thread? I posted it last night (with a poll), and today I was emailed that there had been a reply but when I went to it, it no longer existed. It's completely disappeared. I can't see why it would've been removed.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

I'm sure it got deleted. The mods have no sense of humour whatsoever when it comes to K hunts or announcements about particular numbers of posts. You should check your post count as well

Try here for a forum that encourages that kind of silliness and that hasn't banned fun.

Last edited by spartak; December 23, 2001, 04:45.
    (+1)

Comment

Did I mention by the way that this thread is toast?
      (+1)

Comment

Just wait until 1,000,000 posts and then post a thread about post counts that will survive. It would be justified due to the news item that would no doubt accompany it.

Having said that, does the counted figure include those archived? Any mods who could enlighten me about this?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, you probably received a PCR.
          (from my own experiences)
          -

I believe the archives are not counted... if they are not uploaded to the site yet.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Gasmask, what's a "K-hunt?"

Comment

Sagacious, we have definately surpassed 1mil posts in the entire history of the forums....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Having said that, does the counted figure include those archived? Any mods who could enlighten me about this?
                The counted figure only includes those actually in the forum database. Deleted threads/posts, pruned threads/posts (where you get rid of the old ones to save disk space) all get taken out of the total.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Natan
                  what's a "K-hunt?"
                  A term used when referring to thinking that it is noteworthy when a certain figure (like posts) gets to some magical height, like 2222, 1234, 4321 or an exact thousand (K: kilo, thousand) like 12000.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    Sagacious, we have definately surpassed 1mil posts in the entire history of the forums....
                    I thought so, simply based on the number of posts in the members list. As I said 1,000,000 I was thinking thats figure was a bit small, and so asked about archived threads.

So the next question .....anyone know what the grand total of posts is up to? I'm guessing it would be the sum of the entire members list.

Comment

Originally posted by Natan
                      Gasmask, what's a "K-hunt?"
                      See here & here
                      (+1)

Comment

I think I've found my soulmate, Gasmaske- someone else who likes useless data- who is Spartak on Apolyton
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I'm NOT Spartak here thanks DC. No DLs for me.
                          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                            I'm guessing it would be the sum of the entire members list.
                            I forgot about OT posts and PCRs. They would have to be added back in.

Comment

Well, then who is Spartak here- or is he merely your DL at Coutnerglow and elsewhere?
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                              X