Reasons for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for

I think the mods should post some sort of reason for closing the threads they close. Unless its an obvious flame, they should post a reason. Shouldn't they also post so the thread starter knows who to complain to?

Example: Why was ColdWizard's thread closed? because there already was because it was a whine the mods didn't like? Who closed it? Ming? Mark? Dan? The posters should have a right to know who closed their thread, and why.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

my thread was closed because there was already a thread on the subject which was posted before i posted mine. i'd looked for a thread already on the subject but failed to see the existing thread (caused by sleep deprivation? ). as i've figured out the reason, i don't care who closed it.

back to the general topic of this thread, mods generally explain why they're closing the thread in the thread, unless the reason for closing is (or at least should be) painfully obvious. even when they don't, they're usually good about responding if somebody asks in this forum.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

::sigh::

If there's one thing they've made clear, it's that they don't care. At all. They close/move/delete threads when they want to, or if they've got something against the topic starter, they'll completely ignore even the most obvious and blatant of threadjacks (referring to the whole glonk incident a while back). This place is out of control. Anyone see the stuff they're doing in the CivIII general atm? C'mon. Actually, if you've got a dog or cat, and you've had it with the admins here, just let ol' Rover post for a round or two. Odds are they won't lock his threads, but if you logon for a sec, BAM. Public enemy number one. It's the screwiest thing.

So relax, it's just an internet forum (however communistic, is irrelevant in cyberspace). As for who closed your thread, and knowing the exact name of the mod, I'm all for it. Not that it matters, they all revolve around the same machine, but why not.

Comment

Ming generally deletes "why was my thread deleted/closed" threads. Once tne thread has been deleted 5 or 6 times its generally a safe bet that Ming was the culprit.

Since its Christmas. Why don't we lay off the mods for a few days. Goodwill to all men etc.

Happy Xmas Guys.
        (+1)

Comment

Working...
        X