• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server busy

What's going on?
    Attached Files
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Yeah it took me about 6 tries to get in and about 5 to post in this thread.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Same problems here

I even got some "page cannot be displayed" and "cannot find xxx..." error messages

Like Marvin Gaye said: What's going on? (Some sort of simultaneous updating)
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Yeah, it is the morning in the UK which is notoriously quiet, but still, this thing is crawling and I seem to be getting errors all the time and constantly refreshing the screen. Mad.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

it's temporary and it's unrelated to apolyton...
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's Christmas season for you. These days, you have to wait in line all around.

Comment

:grrrrrr: :argh:
              I had to re-open this thread 43 times before it was willing to open.
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Does it really matter if you can't access the site for a few hours?

Comment

It's not a matter of life and death but it's worth a rant.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The site just lost my cookie, and the banner ad was replaced by a broken link.

It is loading faster...
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                      It's not a matter of life and death but it's worth a rant.
                      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

It lost my cookie too, and it's not loading faster.

But at least the problem has gone away.
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I have fricking Broadband, and it's still slow at times.

Blame Gamestats
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

'Poly is acting up again

Or shall we blame Gamestats?

Comment

Come to think of it, the low numbers of people may be people knocked off by the server being so damn slow.

I remember this kind of thing happening before we switched to vBulletin. One minute, there'd be 100+ people in the "Who's Online" box. Then a slowdown, and then it's practically empty.

Or maybe it's just people switching to another site temporarily.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                              X