Civ 3 naysayers, eat your heart out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 naysayers, eat your heart out!

Judging from the overwhelmingly positive reviews everywhere, esp from Gamespot and Computer Gaming World, the game is well received by the gaming community as a whole.

Take that, naysayers
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

So was CtP2 IIRC
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have owned Civ3 for a few weeks now, and have not yet installed it. I really don't feel in the mood for playing civ games anymore.

I want EU2!
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

*Cheerfully runs off to code some more EU2 events while Civ3 lies unattended due to lack of scripting language*

*Attempts to eat heart out*

*Snaps own neck*

*grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          So was CtP2 IIRC
          No, actually I recall the ctp2 reviews. most of them gave it a higher rating than ctp, but said that it was what ctp should be. while Civ3 is getting 90%, 4/5, A-B rating, ctp2 got 80%, 3/5, B-C rating. noone but noone gave it a perfect score.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            So was CtP2 IIRC
            Indeed, it was received very well overall (though I don't remember the exact grades, could have been slightly lower than Civ3 but I'm sure the difference isn't phenomenal). But does anyone remember what feature got most (or at least a lot) of the praise? Well I do: the AI I also remember how one or two reviewers actually complained about how CtP2 was much less customizable than Civ2

Most game reviewers are complete morons, they don't have a clue about what they're talking about. The only reason why I occasionally read game reviews (esp. online ones) is because their cluelessness can be entertaining These reviewers play 1 or 2 games and think they've seen it all. Sure, the first time I played FE Civ2 on Deity I got my @ss kicked too, but does that mean it's got good AI?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: Civ 3 naysayers, eat your heart out!

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Judging from the overwhelmingly positive reviews everywhere, esp from Gamespot and Computer Gaming World, the game is well received by the gaming community as a whole.

Take that, naysayers

LOL@UR. Thanks, that's the best one I've heard in a long time.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

And when the final patch is released it's definitely going to be in the 10,5-12,0 range. Maybe even the magic super score of 13 is in reach for this glorious game!
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I remember that when Civ 2 came out, a Portuguese gaming magazine gave it around 75%!!!

Go figure!

Nowadays, every game is just absolutely great, according to reviews. It's just a "mob" to incite people to buy the most games possible.
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Hmph. CGM also gave it a good rating, 5 stars I believe- however, they mentioned nothing about scenario editors and both said they had only played the game for a "few days" when they reviewed it--- they probably should have waited later... I mean, a scenario editor is ESSENTIAL to a 4 1/2 star rating... 4 stars w/o a Scenario editor I can understand, but to say the game is improved because it was not in it- nor was MP????

perposterous.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                    X