No announcement yet.

Is Apolyton going to lose SpellChecker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Apolyton going to lose SpellChecker?

I was checking my spell before posting what I wrote, and noticed a banner saying that the free service is going to end on the 15th December.
    I really like Spellchecker, and use it a LOT! Can we keep it Markos & Dan? Please?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Huh, I never noticed that spell check button until you mentioned it. While I never use it, I'm sure its useful for non-english speakers.

Comment

Spell checkers are for ilitterates.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I was sure that the third button is "delete everything".
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I don't care. I never use it anyway.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
            Spell checkers are for ilitterates.
            It's because of opinions like those that we see so many spelling mistakes, even from members that say they are in an English-spoken country.

Haha! The spell checker says that you misspelled illitterates! It's correctly spelled illiterates, you illiterate!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I've nothingagainst it, but if it cost apolyton money I say remove it. I don't use it because it takes time.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot

Haha! The spell checker says that you misspelled illitterates! It's correctly spelled illiterates, you illiterate!
                I think that was the point.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I really didn't think it would need a "I am being sarcastic " footnote.

Text really loses all intonations.

Comment

It's because of opinions like those that we see so many spelling mistakes, even from members that say they are in an English-spoken country.

, either at this man's obtuseness or deadpan sense of humour.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      I really didn't think it would need a "I am being sarcastic " footnote.
                      Well... if you really meant that you could have used the sarcastic smiley!

Comment

The pause so that you know its a joke.

Well... if you really meant that you could have used the sarcastic smiley!
                        I am English, and we don't highlight our sarcastic statements like US sitcoms do.

Comment

Working...
                        X