Time For an Upgrade at Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For an Upgrade at Apolyton?

With many new members joining and the release of Civ 3, Apolyton would look great with a new contemporary layout and graphics. These forums are good and easy to use, but wouldn't you agree that a better layout for Apolyton sub-sections would be nice? Also possibly Apolyton would be best of on a new server, obviously data transfer rates are beginning to run low, since avatars have been removed. Just an idea, any comments?
    Great
    64.00%
    A little out of date
    20.00%
    Needs to be updated
    16.00%
    Alex

I like it as it is. Go away.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

, don't you at least want avatars back?
      Alex

Comment

We are subservient to the Apolyton state. Our masters tell us what to think.

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

@ PH...

Alex , I want avatars back , but when we did have them , the server went pretty slow ( a couple of days ago . remember ? )
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

* checks the Apolyton front page for the first time this millennium *

... nope, no updating needed. It is light as it is now, and lightness is just what we ( -> Markos) want.
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Anything that enhances the 'Poly experience is good with me.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

We're currently working on content, features and "back-end mechanics" updates

It is our belief that both the layout of the front page as well the "v2" layout use in most of the sections work just fine
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

How about branched threads....

Runs away

Comment

I don't like the idea of branched threads. They become too difficult to follow.

Also, the only real thing I see that needs to be updated is the speed.
                    No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      We're currently working on content, features and "back-end mechanics" updates

It is our belief that both the layout of the front page as well the "v2" layout use in most of the sections work just fine
                      What "v2" layout?
                      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Me thinks that by the time a new server was built/aquired, shipped to a server farm, installed, and ridden of bugs, the extra demand will have subsided. I think this server is fine, there are just a lot of newbies lurking, and perhaps oldies are posting too much
                        gNigma. Sex, lies, and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                          What "v2" layout?
                          the "v2" layout is what we use in the civ3, misc,about,alt.civs, ctp2,dino sections
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No, don't change something that works.

The layout is great. I can actually navigate through this site without using Java or flash.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                            X