can we disable the mail delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we disable the mail delivery?

the lats 6 times I've made a reply, I've gotten the "could not execute mail..." message. it really slows things down a lot. makes me wat to use Rah's method of hitting back a couple of times in order to miss it.

part of the problem is that auto notification is default on for new accounts, causing extra workload for the site withe every new login and every time a newbie posts without knowing about the auto notification.

maybe if we disabled this, we could get avatars back without a drop in performance??
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

I agree, this thread needs bumping.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Come on, this is a bigger waste of server space than say, allowing signatures to be longer. Give us some support!
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Personally I like the auto notification. Unfortunately it seems a tad bit unreliable at the moment but when it works I find it very useful.
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Working...
        X