This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many Emperors?

I was wondering if anyone (probably DarkCloud) had a breakdown of the number of Deities, Emperors, Kings etc... that are/have been active in the last x weeks/months.

I only ask because whenever I read a thread I get the feeling that there are more "Chiefs than Indians" as far as rankings go. It may be time to consider tweaking the rank boundaries.

Anyone else get the same feeling
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Re: Too many Emperors?

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    Anyone else get the same feeling
    Dunno about how many have been active, but there are about 250 Half-emperors (1500+ posts) and 15000 logins. Seems like its not too imbalanced, so long as
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

lots of emperors isn't the problem...many are still a few 1000 posts away from deity...its when they eventually get there that we have a problem...

i am still 400 posts away from emp and that means well over 7000 away from deity......

but hardly any of my old posts are from the off topic where many people racked up their counts....
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

go to members and look at top 20 posters (it shows all the posters ranked by pc. not just top 20). You'll see that there are a lot more kings than emperors.

I'd be close to deity if I hadn't taken a year abscence. I've been posting a lot lately...but OT doesn't count. And I'm taried of inciting flame wars in Civ3, so my (counted) posting rate will drop back down.

Incidently we have no one close to diety now.

Comment

Big Crunch is perhaps just jealous on all the emperor Apolytoners...
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

go hang out in the civ3 areas, i'm sure you'll see lots of chieftans and warlords and settlers there. as for the rest of the site, everbody's been here a while so of course everybody gets promoted

Comment

Lately most of the new threads have been written by settlers and chieftains. I assume most of the emperors are currently not following the Civ III help group. At least I haven't seen many emperor postings around there. Mostly just on the settler-prince axis. But at least I don't complain about the amount of emperors.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Like in another thread in this section I suggested the following:
                Let's ask mods to drop the post-count-feature. It's plain stupidity; people just keep posting and posting with only one thing in mind. And you can guess what that is...

Emperor - blah. It just shows that some people has nothing to do at work. Look at PH for example; some 15 posts per day...
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I also noticed that, especially in the OT, there are lots of emperors. But no tweaking is needed.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Take a look at this thread

1 Deity post
                    7 Emperor posts
                    9 King posts
                    2 Princes

And no underlings....

Similar story on a lot of the threads I have read recently.

Big Crunch is perhaps just jealous on all the emperor Apolytoners

I have my vet status which I am more than happy with.

go to members and look at top 20 posters (it shows all the posters ranked by pc. not just top 20). You'll see that there are a lot more kings than emperors.

Not all are active though. That is what I was more interested in. There are thousands of settlers, but they have never posted or only posted a couple of times..

Comment

If we got PC restored in the OT, we could work towards some new dieties.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                        Take a look at this thread

1 Deity post
                        7 Emperor posts
                        9 King posts
                        2 Princes

And no underlings....

Similar story on a lot of the threads I have read recently.

Not all are active though. That is what I was more interested in. There are thousands of settlers, but they have never posted or only posted a couple of times..
                        So what...I didn't say to look at settlers. Just compare numbers of Kings and emperors. You can eleiminate any non-active posters. You know who they are (Sarge, ProvostB, etc.). You'll see that there are a lot more kings than emperors.

Oh and as for your aenecdotal evidence. That's just becuase Emperors POST MORE!

Comment

the reason there are more kings than emporers is because not everyone spams like some people i know, and then there are the King spammers, or should I say deities

Comment

Oh and as for your aenecdotal evidence. That's just becuase Emperors POST MORE!

By definition.

Comment

Just compare numbers of Kings and emperors. You can eleiminate any non-active posters.

My concern is not that there are too many emperors (despite the thread title ), but that it appears as though there are more higher ranking posters in general.

The title "Too many Emperors?" is more succinct than. "Are there too many people with the rank of King and above?"

Comment

Working...
                              X